Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys.
Grey Wolf Woolens is OUT of the Wolfskin until next year. God only knows why they won't KEEP Wolfskin in stock, in BOTH Fall Brown AND Deception. In fact, Jeff says that he's not sure if he will go with the Fall Brown or the Deception next year.
At the prices they charge, why not BOTH? I mean heck, he already lost ONE $700 order last week (MINE), from not having what he should have in stock.
Not bashing Grey Wolf, but I guess that's just how I feel a business should be ran. I guess they feel differently. Jeff was a super nice guy, and I REALLY wish I could give him my business, but I just can't wait until next year. I need new clothes for THIS year, and I need to order them SOON.
Will this even be POSSIBLE with Day One?

Actually, my next choice WAS Day One camo, and this was a bit more affordable for me, but still a bit costly.
I have called two days in a row, with no answer. They are still an option, as I'm not giving up yet, but dang it sure is a pain to have to go through all this, just to spend $500-$700 with a company on their products.

For now, I will continue to try and get an order in with Day One. I WISH they had more fabric options, with the Predator Deception.
It looks like the FLEECE is the only option for this pattern.
Can anyone tell me about this fabric, and how it compares to the others they offer?
I would love to hear which fabric is BEST for bowhunting. Day One offers many different fabrics, and I'm not so sure which to go with (even if it means choosing a different camo pattern).
Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a wolfskin vest and that material seems less-fllecy and more suedy.
I know I don't make sense, but the wolfskin is a low knap synhetic material.

I also have a Day one pullover in regular fleece, and it is more standard fleece.

Day one has many material options and I am not sure I am speaking of the one you have interest in.

BTW those comapnies do custom orders and can take a while to get an item.

·
Registered
784 Posts
what about Predator's Polyester Warp Knit? How does it compare to Wolfskin? Wolfskin is described as a Polyester Warp Knit fabric on Gray Wolfs page.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bowtech Joe said:
what about Predator's Polyester Warp Knit? How does it compare to Wolfskin? Wolfskin is described as a Polyester Warp Knit fabric on Gray Wolfs page.
This is also a question I have. I have actually read on this forum, that the Wolfskin is a little bit higher quality of fabric, than Predators Poly Warp Knit, but HOW much difference is there? I mean, is there a BIG difference? Is there enough difference, to where I should NOT buy the Predator???
I want to spend some decent $$ on my set of clothing for this season, but I just can't decide what to do. In fact, I have NO IDEA what to do at this point.
I don't want to screw up, and make the wrong decision.
I REALLY wish some of these companies, would give us better descriptions, and details on WHICH fabrics are best, and WHICH fabrics they are actually recommending. I can't make an intelligent decision, by simply reading over the lacking website of Predator, and Day One. Granted, Grey Wolf has a decent site, and I've used some of their info to learn, but it has not helped me decide if Day One's fleece is a good fabric to purchase, or if Predators Poly Warp Knit is just as good as Wolfskin, and so on.
I just want some good quality bibs and a parka in Predator Deception OR possibly Fall Brown, and I want to buy the best I can possibly afford, and I need to have it by November of THIS YEAR preferably.
IF I can find out if Predators fabric is worth buying, I can go with them, OR I can find a way to get Day One on the dang phone, and find out how long their lead time is. I would then only need to know about the quality of their "FLEECE", as that is the ONLY fabric (out of 10 or so) that is available in Predator Deception.
Sheesh. I never realized this would be such a task. Granted, I KNEW it would be a process somewhat, but it's starting to get discouraging, and I don't normally get discouraged.
I TOTALLY understand custom clothing takes a while to make, but I guess I just think it's a little ridiculous, to find out that the fabric isn't even in stock until next year, OR to find out that it takes days and days to get a company on the phone when you're trying to give them hundreds, (if not more) of dollars.
Maybe I'm sounding a little impatient, and I certainly am not being that way. I simply need to get this ball rolling, (which is what I've been trying to do), otherwise, I'll have no clothing to wear this winter, and I'll have to drop a couple/few hundred on some Realtree or Mossy Oak, just to get my through this year. That will be several hundred dollars wasted IMO.
Sorry for the rant guys. I'm just trying to get this issue solved. I really am looking forward to getting an order placed SOMEWHERE, for SOME type of quality fabric in Predator Deception or Predator Fall Brown, parka and bibs or jacket and bibs...
Thanks for everyone's help thus far.. You guys are the greatest.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
How can they not have the fabric at the most critical time of the year?:confused: Duh. And Predator could do a lot of work on their website that would improve sales. The pictures and detail of the different patterns suck. Not very customer friendly either, based on the replies they have made to emails I've sent to them.:thumbs_do I hear ya, Paul.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kestnn01 said:
$500-$700 for some camo? HA HA HA. Can anybody say RIPOFF!!
HA HA HA, Can anybody say IGNORANT!!
Bro,
You don't know what you're talking about. Grey Wolf clothing is TOP of the line stuff. Probably something you've never experienced before. This stuff KEEPS its colors, and DOES NOT FADE. PERIOD. It sheds water, and is basically waterproof, and is QUIET, and not crunchy in the cold. It is comfortmax lined, which keeps the wind out, and with wool or the Liteloft insulation, it is WARM, and you WILL NOT get down out of your stand because you are cold anymore, IF you layer properly. Also, it is CUSTOM made, with pockets anywhere you wish. You've got the options of double-butt/seat area, double-knees stitched in, and so on, and so on.
The Wolfskin fabric is SUPER TOUGH, and will LAST and LAST for years and years to come. Many guys say it's the last camo clothing they will EVER buy, and it will quite possibly last a lifetime.
You see, you WILL SPEND this much $$ in a lifetime (much less actually), on other, lesser clothing. What this means, is IF you buy the quality stuff up front, it will eventually pay for itself, and you will THEN start SAVING money after that.
It's like paying $50,000 for a Chevy S-10 truck, that will last for 50 years and never wear out while still putting hundreds of thousands of miles on it.
Eventually, the truck will pay for itself, and you will then start saving money in years to come. Bottom line is this type of clothing is SERIOUS bowhunting clothing, and made for the SERIOUS hunter, who demands the HIGHEST quality.
Grey Wolf Woolens is backed up for 6 weeks, and they are running out of fabric to make their clothing. This is NOT due to the stuff being a "rip-off". It's due to their products being the some of the BEST MADE clothing in the world. Guys like myself don't pay top dollar, just because we like to waste our hard earned money on freaking camo son. I personally have worked VERY hard to save up the $$ for this camo, so I can have some ULTRA HIGH quality clothing for years to come.
I got tired of buying cheap Walls (and even some Cabelas) clothing, only to have it wear out in a few years of normal use. Heck, I've not even been THAT rough on my clothes, and they still wear out, with normal use. I bet I've already spent at LEAST $1000 on camo in the past, and now I've got to spend MORE! Wish I would have found this modern, high tech, high quality clothing years ago, because I would NOT have to spend ANY more $$ on camo....

Please do not come into my thread and start typing phrases that are backed up by ignorance about the subject.
I take no offense from your ignorant comment, nor am I angry with you, but that was uncalled for, as you simply don't know what you are talking about.
My apologies if I sound like I'm trying to be rude. This is not my intention. I just had to set the record straight, as I hate when people make ignorant comments that actually do nothing more than MIS-inform others who are reading this thread..... Good Day sir.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 Ultras said:
How can they not have the fabric at the most critical time of the year?:confused: Duh. And Predator could do a lot of work on their website that would improve sales. The pictures and detail of the different patterns suck. Not very customer friendly either, based on the replies they have made to emails I've sent to them.:thumbs_do I hear ya, Paul.

Yes, I agree. If Predator would fire their current management, and get someone in the house that KNOWS how to run and market a business, they would be one of the TOP camo companies in the world, for years to come, and they could quite possibly double, if not triple their profits.
That's just a guess, as I've no idea what kind of company (financially speaking) they are at this point, but I guarantee they could SERIOUSLY increase their profit margin, with better management.
At least we've got Grey Wolf making quality clothing with their patterns. Now we just need to get Grey Wolf to STAY AHEAD of us, and at LEAST keep their stock built up, to where it just doesn't RUN OUT in the middle of hunting season.
I could have placed an order last week, and had it just in time for November here in GA, which would have been GREAT. However, this just isn't possible this year.
Oh well. Maybe I'll just have to wait, as I'm not feeling great about Day One's Fleece in Predator Deception. I feel it just isn't as good a choice as the Wolfskin will be.
Maybe Poly Warp Knit from Predator will be the answer for me this year.
I REALLY wish someone who has OWNED AND USED the actual Predator fabrics, would chime in and give us a COMPLETE evaluation and DETAILED comparison to Wolfskin...
Crossing my fingers....

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
kestnn01 said:
That is a big statement from someone with 3 post. Why don't you know what you are talking about before you get on here and bash a sponsor.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
kestnn01 said:

This from the guy who in one of his three posts put this:

kestnn01 said:
Look forward to all substantive responses
Good luck this fall.

Oh... I LOVE my Dayone pants. Been eyeing the parka for some time.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I am getting some wolfskin fall brown pants from GW, but had to cut my order short due to low stock (same as you).

Wolfskin is like saddlecloth, and both are very similar to the "buck suede" material that Predator uses. The warp knit is different stuff, mostly on their rainwear.

I really like the saddle cloth/wolfskin/buck suede material for pants because they are very quiet, tough, color fast, don't retain much scent, dry quickly, and don't pick up burrs or ticks. That is a big plus. This material is also great for cool or cold weather hunts, I just add a set of fleece liner pants to it when the temp dips.

Dayone doesn't have saddle cloth in Predator, my favorite camo. Predator sells their pants in Buck Suede, but they don't have cargo pockets! :confused: I NEED cargo pockets.

So, I will get one more pair of GW pants this year, and wait until next year to place a larger order.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have Day one (ins fleece suit in pre deception)and grey wolf hunting cloths(wool and wolfskin suits) and both are great. It all depends on the weather,season,temps,and cover on which one I wear. personally I like wool and fleece the best when the temps are below freezing just because its silent when brushed against the trees.

Grey Wolf Woolens is OUT of the Wolfskin until next year. God only knows why they won't KEEP Wolfskin in stock, in BOTH Fall Brown AND Deception. In fact, Jeff says that he's not sure if he will go with the Fall Brown or the Deception next year.
At the prices they charge, why not BOTH? I mean heck, he already lost ONE $700 order last week (MINE), from not having what he should have in stock
IMO if they drop predator brown and deception its because they came out with there intrusion line which is a excellent camo pattern also. BTW its not uncommon for these people to run out of fabric at this point in the year, as we speak Gray at day one is out of predator gray and two years ago when I ordered my raven wear they were out of skyline apparition and I had to wait. I was a jeffs shop one month ago and they had numerous full rolls of wolfskin.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
C.K.
I'm quite sure those very same "numerous full rolls of wolfskin" are still sitting on the shelf at Grey Wolf.
What happened, was that Jeff rolled out his wolfskin, and checked to see IF he was going to have enough material to take one more order (from me).
However, he did not, and said every bit of wolfskin on the premesis, was already spoken for, in backorders.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Meleagris1 said:
Predator sells their pants in Buck Suede, but they don't have cargo pockets! :confused: I NEED cargo pockets.

So, I will get one more pair of GW pants this year, and wait until next year to place a larger order.

Hey Meleagris1,
Do you happen to know IF Predator has bibs and a parka in Bucksuede? They do not show it as being an option on their site, so I'm assuming the answer is no, but I'd like to ask if you happen to know for sure?
Furthermore, IF they DO indeed have Bucksuede bibs, do they also NOT offer cargo pockets on their bibs???
Predator is screwing up again, by NOT putting cargo pockets on their pants...
Sheesh.. Somebody go fill out a dang application for a management position over at Predator for crying out loud...

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Paul Cataldo said:
Hey Meleagris1,
Do you happen to know IF Predator has bibs and a parka in Bucksuede? They do not show it as being an option on their site, so I'm assuming the answer is no, but I'd like to ask if you happen to know for sure?
Furthermore, IF they DO indeed have Bucksuede bibs, do they also NOT offer cargo pockets on their bibs???
Predator is screwing up again, by NOT putting cargo pockets on their pants...
Sheesh.. Somebody go fill out a dang application for a management position over at Predator for crying out loud...
I called them a few days ago about this. They told me no bibs in bucksuede and no cargo pockets, and no plans on adding them in the future. I believe I called them about this last year also, recommending they put cargo pockets on their buck suede pants. They showed zero interest.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
me too

Out of Fall Brown. Jeff told me 8 weeks before he gets more in. That was Last Thursday. Still ordered A 4 in 1 bomber hat and Wolfskin pants in grey.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
can't wait till last minute

2 Ultras said:

You guys! Ya can't wait till the last minute to order custom tailored gear. Even if he had the brown wolfskin it takes 6 weeks to get a jacket out. Jeff aint a mind reader, hows one to know how much of each material to stock? Having several bolts of $ material on the shelves after the summer/fall run costs money.

And he has 2 new patterns this year.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike Ryan said:
You guys! Ya can't wait till the last minute to order custom tailored gear. Even if he had the brown wolfskin it takes 6 weeks to get a jacket out. Jeff aint a mind reader, hows one to know how much of each material to stock? Having several bolts of $ material on the shelves after the summer/fall run costs money.

And he has 2 new patterns this year.

First off, I would hardly call it waiting until the last minute. I was FULLY ready to wait 6 OR even 8 weeks for my clothing to be made. I just needed it by November or middle November, which would have been OVER 8 weeks.

"Jeff's not a mindreader"???? Come on bro. You can do better than that. Jeff KNOWS dang well that Wolfskin in Fall Brown is something that he SHOULD KEEP in stock, and when ANY POPULAR ITEM in your store BEGINS to run out, you ORDER MORE, thus KEEPING YOU FROM RUNNING OUT, which in turn, keeps you from having to turn down $500-$700 orders.

This is plain common sense, and good business tactics. You can't argue with common sense.

Let me be clear about one thing guys.
I'm not attempting to bash Grey Wolf in any way, but I will speak my mind about good business decisions, and such. Heck, it's America, and I'm speaking my mind. I've got NO ILL INTENT, but I do want to make it clear that there would be a better way to run a business.
However, it's someone elses business and not mine, and this is why I'm not upset. You see, I'm not upset, because I don't have a right to be upset.
I disagree with the decisions made, but I'm not upset or mad at anyone for making such decisions.

Jeff has perhaps one of the best products on the market, and things will probably remain this way for years to come. ON top of that, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever speak to on the phone.

However, this is all the more reason to do WHATEVER it takes, to keep the orders coming in, as opposed to turning them down when you wait too long to order some fabric.... JMHO guys.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
hey now I'm not try to bash you either

But when running a small bussiness and at the same time expanding the line. You just don't knpw what to keep in stock. You can go from what was sold last year. But that doesn't mean squat either. It costs $ to keep an excess amount of material in stock and have it carry over to next year.
'
Sorry, but you[and I (IMO)] did wait too long for custom made clothes. Season has started, but hey thats my opinion. I would be happy with getting my 3 in 1 coat in 6 or 8 weeks too. But I understand I waited too long and I may not get it in November. I may not even order till after the new year now.

So he ran out and now he has to wait on the supplier. I know Jeff didn't drop the ball on this, is all I'm saying. That don't sound like him. And at no point did I think you were bashing Jeff or his products. Just trying to defend him a little. I would without a doubt think he got swamped in late orders wiping him out of Fall Brown. Heck we both are examples of it.:wink:

:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts