Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, who's first deer kill was with a bow? Who's kid's first deer kill was with a bow?

·
pro deer watcher
2,336 Posts
My first couple were with a crossbow killed my first when I was 9. Killed my first deer with a compound when I was 13 I believe. Still have yet to kill a buck with a gun

·
Registered
520 Posts
My first 3 were with a bow. 22 years ago. Been hooked ever since.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just started hunting this year, I got a late start (just turned 32) This was my first deer. Im hooked on bow season.

photo (6).jpg

·
Registered
178 Posts
My first was with a bow at 12. It was out of necessity. My folks wouldnt let me gun hunt until i was older but had no problem letting me climb trees with my bow. Great memories. No safety harnesses and standing on a board wedged into crotch of tree.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I killed my first 3 with a bow, then shot one with a rifle. After the bow kills, the rifle kill gave me no thrill so I went to bow only after that.

·
quality not quantity
1,287 Posts
Never killed a deer with anything but a bow. Not that I don't pull out the smoke pole for late season but that is for buck only.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
First deer was a small 5 point with a 35lb. Ben Pearson bow. I was 13……..40 years ago now, and it still seems like last week in my mind. :lol:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
My 13 year old daughters first deer was with a bow this season.

My first was with a XR 100 dirt bike, perfect hit right behind the shoulder. :mad:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Me. My first year hunting ever, this year, at 48 years old. Harvested a doe at 15 yards with Hoyt.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
My dad and I both killed our first deer with our bows.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My first was with a Martin Lynx, 65 lb, Easton XX75 2117 with Thunderhead 125's. That was 25 years ago. As a matter of fact I killed all mine with a bow until 1996 when I got one with a slug gun.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts