Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
2,000 Posts
He was shooting g at a bigger buck, but this guy lifted his head up and saved the booner. With adult arrows, 12% more foc, and a coc broadhead this wouldn't have stopped it. The booner would've been in the record books. Yall stop with this mechanical madness and light arrows, please. You're depriving the world of more record book entries. I bet this guy walked in that morning with a flashlight, too.

· The Impartial Archer
24,826 Posts
Lets's see it's quartering too me and might be 40 yards or 60 I'm not too sure.......but it's a nice one so I'll have to try anyway. Doesn't matter that he busted me I took my string bats off so my bows so fast it'll never be able to move before the arrow gets there. Plus all I need is one pin for 0 - 60 yards.

· Registered
Headshots only
1,785 Posts
Lets's see it's quartering too me and might be 40 yards or 60 I'm not too sure.......but it's a nice one so I'll have to try anyway. Doesn't matter that he busted me I took my string bats off so my bows so fast it'll never be able to move before the arrow gets there. Plus all I need is one pin for 0 - 60 yards.
Thinking about taking my d loop off for MOAR SPEED!!!!!!

· Registered
15,946 Posts
Thinking about taking my d loop off for MOAR SPEED!!!!!!
Pour a little mercury in your arrow, and reinstall your nock, it’s a little slow on the takeoff, but as your fletching slows the arrow down with drag, the mercury migrates forward, and warp speed takes over… turn your 280fps at the string into 450fps at 30yds, and hits like a sledgehammer… dynamic foc, it’s the new wave of super archery

I also have other easy energy hacks… I’m a 28.5” draw, but I have my bows set at 31.5” draw, and the obvious… if you ain’t sky drawing, you aren’t shooting your potential

· Registered
PSE Brute NXT, Gold Tip Hunter XT, Slick Trick Standard, NAP Killzone, “O.G.” Rage and Trypan
429 Posts
That’s what happens when one side opens in flight. I figured that out when I had issues with wild flyers shooting rage heads. Tuned bow, both sides open, it will probably won’t be way too far off the mark. If only one side opens there is no perfectly tuned bow that might save you.

If only one side opens that arrow is going to spiral like nothing you have ever seen. The lighter the arrow the worse it gets, the longer the shot worse still.

· Registered
Host Ventum 30, Mathews HTR, Hoyt Defiant
72 Posts
Pour a little mercury in your arrow, and reinstall your nock, it’s a little slow on the takeoff, but as your fletching slows the arrow down with drag, the mercury migrates forward, and warp speed takes over… turn your 280fps at the string into 450fps at 30yds, and hits like a sledgehammer… dynamic foc, it’s the new wave of super archery

I also have other easy energy hacks… I’m a 28.5” draw, but I have my bows set at 31.5” draw, and the obvious… if you ain’t sky drawing, you aren’t shooting your potential
Mercury is old school. All the guys I hunt with use straight Asian Car Anti-Freeze Coolant. 4 out of 5 archers claim it to be much more forgiving than mercury out to 400 yards. I guess if you were trying to shoot a deer at say 500 yards, then sure, on paper, mercury might be a better choice but most people's skills are good at 400 yards and really start to show flaws at 500. Also, I know there are guys who shoot good old generic 50/50 mix antifreeze but that stuff is hard to get to tune. 🤪

41 - 60 of 60 Posts