Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the blinds I try are too small for me and the bow at full draw. and I only have a 27 inch draw with a 10 inch stabilizer. Is there a blind that you can shoot your bow in that does not cost 400 dollars? thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
redneckarcher29 said:
All the blinds I try are too small for me and the bow at full draw. and I only have a 27 inch draw with a 10 inch stabilizer. Is there a blind that you can shoot your bow in that does not cost 400 dollars? thanks

i have an eastman that is in cabelas for 234.00 (i think)...it has 3d camo and has a carbon liner....im 6'3 and plenty of room,i cant stand up striaght,but roomy indeed.

maxx

·
Yooper / Marauder
735 Posts
Ameristep Roundhouse 360 - you could throw a square dance in that thing:dance: :clap2:

Seriously, room for 2 people easily and no problem drawing back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Ameristep Doghouse and it works just fine ;)

·
11,954 Posts
4x4 said:
I have the Ameristep Doghouse and it works just fine ;)

I wish I had the cash for a Double Bull, but don't. In the mean time I have an Ameristep Doghouse that works pretty well.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have a dog house and have found that if I face the corner of the blind in the direction I feel I will be shooting rather than a flat side I have a lot more room drawing into the corner of the blind. I leave the front half of the two side windos open to shoot thru and it works fine. If you do have to shoot straight thru a side aim and draw into the corner and then turn your body into position, this has had good results as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have used the Ground Max Escape Deluxe Hunting Blind. They run around 150.

They are available from Cabelas and Bass Pro. Bass Pro had them on sale during the classic for 129.

Solid blind, hub style, sets up in 2 mins and takes down just as fast.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have a Ground Max that is sold by Cabelas. I bought mine used for $90 shipped here on AT last year.
Its has roughly the same demensions as a Double Bull style blind at 1/4 the price. The demensions are 64"W x 64"L x 75"H, but the center of each wall pokes outwards so that demension is 75"x75".
I think they sell them for around $150 or so.

I too had that probelm but mine was due to hunting with a long bow inside a Dog House. Not gonna happen.
I needed the extra height as well as side to side movement. The Ground Max was plenty big enough for a 64" long bow and 31" arrows sticking off the string undrawn.

Heres the link to the one I have.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat540014&hasJS=true

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
redneckarcher29,
Another selection is the Cabelas Full Draw 5 for $149.99. I pruchased one and it has a good camo pattern that's not too dark and blends well with most surroundings. It's a hub style blind, as opposed to a "pop-up", but sets up quickly, has good windows for viewing all around and is of good quality. :thumb:

Good luck with your choices!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Bowhunter57 said:
redneckarcher29,
Another selection is the Cabelas Full Draw 5 for $149.99. I pruchased one and it has a good camo pattern that's not too dark and blends well with most surroundings. It's a hub style blind, as opposed to a "pop-up", but sets up quickly, has good windows for viewing all around and is of good quality. :thumb:

Good luck with your choices!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I have the same blind, except in the 3-d camo... an i will say i was suprised. I have a 30" draw, and a 7.5" stabilizer.. and i have enought room to draw, move, and shoot from just about any angle.... forgot to mention, with someone in there filming.lol I got mine for $200 and it was WELL worth it

·
Registered
260 Posts
By brother-in-law has the Cabela's Lighning Hub Blind and I have an Ameristep Brickhouse. Both are great with lots of room, even for two people. Both are between $150 and $200. Double Bulls are nice, but too expensive for my budget.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Chicago_Hunter said:
I have used the Ground Max Escape Deluxe Hunting Blind. They run around 150.

They are available from Cabelas and Bass Pro. Bass Pro had them on sale during the classic for 129.

Solid blind, hub style, sets up in 2 mins and takes down just as fast.

I picked up one of these last summer also but havn't gotten much use out of it yet. I got it after season at Dick's for $75.00 marked down from $150.00.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Two months ago, I picked up a Eastman Carbon Venture blind with the safari system, new in box, on Ebay for $105 ..........shipped!

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
i just started stocking yukon blinds they have one 70 inch corner to corner 90 inch hub and 80 inch inside height with 4 big shoot through windows sets up in less than a minute for 150.00 they have other cheaper ones also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Full Draw Blinds

Cabelas carries what they call a Full Draw blind. It looked like it had plenty of room in it to draw. I would definitely check it our if you are interested.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the Ameristep Brickhouse TSC that I got at WalMart for less than $130 last year. It has enough room for me and my son plus it has total scent containment windows.

Just remember you don't want something that is too large that it is going to be hard to hide. The one I have I can't stand and shoot in but I can kneel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts