Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.........I don't know if my Loopmaster strap is twisted and stretched out of shape or not, but it's been giving me probs. The reason I'm using this release, is for hunting.
Here's the deal........When i draw, The release shaft pulls right on the bottom of the strap, and twists my wrist so my hand goes up while my elbow is going back. The main reason it's doing this I believe, is because my wrist is too small and the release doesn't go quite small enough (Maybe) and the strap slides forward, and around the base of my thumb, and pinky. This cocks my hand up, and lately, when I draw with that thing, it's been giving me wrist pain. Like a stretched muscle or something. Anyway.......here are a few pics of what's happening. When I settle into a shot, the hand wants to cock up, and that makes my trigger finger slide off the trigger, and if I want to keep it there, it creates quite a bit of tension. So.......what I THINK I need, is a wrist strap that will adjust smaller, and the actual strap is a bit wider, and more comfortable. This is for hunting, but we owe it to our game to be accurate, for a quick, clean kill. What straps are good?? Any reccommendations accepted. Mainly I'm looking for just the strap, but may end up buying new release anyway. Thanks! -Grant-KS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Grant....just a couple of observations.

In your pics it seems that your release head is set too short. I have always found it most comfortable and conduve to shooting to have the trigger rest just under the farthest joint of my index finger when I am at anchor. Looking at other shooters it appears that this is the norm.

It also appears like your strap, as you mentioned, is a bit too far forward on your wrist. If it is pulling up and pushing your thumb in then it should be made tighter, farther back on your wrist.

I don't know of anybody who makes a good wrist strap without a release attached to it, but there are plenty of good release and wrist strap combos out there. Carter One Shot, TruBall Short-N-Sweet come to mind.

If your wrist is really on the small side then you may want to stick to a velcro type strap. I have the same issue and the buckle types alwasy seem to "dig in" too much.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I have used a Badger, made by Tru-fire I think, in the past for hunting. The trigger and length of the release head are adjustable. The strap is velcro and for me it didn't creep up on my wrist as my buckle strap Scott did. Maybe this helps.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Carter Two Shot:

Grant:

You will not go wrong getting yourself a Carter Two Shot with buckle strap. This is a combination Velcro and buckle. The buckle is not like the Scott buckle, it is like the snap buckles you will find on back packs and similiar items using web straps.

Great release, just used mine in the Nationals in Darrington. Really smooth trigger on this baby that is adjustable.

Try it, you will like it.

Alaska Sam:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Grant,Your suppose to look at the Sight,not up to the God's! LOL.No wonder your having problems.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just get ahold of Truball.They have smaller diameter straps for all their releases for around $10.I like the buckle type the best,because it is the quietest in the woods and has more adjustability.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, how much did you guys pay for the 2 shots? I have been drooling about one of those for a good while now, but you done upset the apple cart! LOL Spot bow just might have to wait until next summer.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
From time to time the One and Two shots show up in the classifieds for between $40 and $60. New they go for about $80.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Scott makes one you can get for about $15. They are a buckle strap and can be made smaller, I believe, than they come.

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
FYI, Last I heard, you can no longer get the combination velcro/buckle strap for the two shot. New, it's only available in the velcro now.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CG......Carter site says buckle OR velcro, but not both.

What did you guys that have them pay, and where? Also, are they durable? LOL Sorry Cory, had to pick on ya a bit. Overall, just give a li'l review of 'em. (so to speak)

TTT

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Grant another really comfortable and adjustable replacement strap is one made by Vista. Carter used to use them on their wrist releases and they are great.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
buckle up and out

Quick Note: Carter will only offer the Velcro straps. The buckle straps are history. This just came down from Michelle last week.
Wrist straps can be purchased directly from our facility for $15.00 each plus shipping. When ordering, remember to specify the model for which the wrist strap will be used. Please note, the One Shot may use one of two different wrist strap styles depending on whether the head of the release has a slot or three holes for attachment. Please indicate which type of One Shot head you have when ordering for this particular model. (Also note: As of August 2003, we are discontinuing the buckle wrist straps and will only be offering the Velcro wrist straps.)

ox

·
Registered
378 Posts
TRU Ball Short-N-Sweet

Grant,

Take a look at the Short-N-Sweet by Tru Ball. The wrist strap will adjust down very small. I purchased one for myself and when my 16yr old daughter saw it she liked it so much she snatched it up. They are also adjustable for length of pull. IMO the trigger is a little better then the Carter.

hangunnr

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Jon........I remember you saying that.......where do ya get 'em?
Hangunnr........what did yours cost, and which model did ya get? That release sure looks like a winner to me! I just may have to pick one up one of these soon days!

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Grant. Call Randy Summers at TruBall explain your situation and with any luck he might send you a smaller strap. If not they run about $15 bucks. Ask for the youth strap instaed of the regular?large strap. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmmmmm.........I'm liking the looks of that short 'n sweet more and more! I like the hookup, the short distance to trigger from jaw, The micro adjustable length, and the rope connection! If it isn't too outragously expensive, I think I might have my friend order me one of them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts