Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And is there anywhere I can find one used?

·
Registered
65 Posts
56" Longbow/Bushbow

Pronghorn!!! Herb Melands 56" one piece is A dandy. One just sold on the Trad Classifieds ad here last week. I have A 58" 3 piece that I may be selling down the way, but I have an interested party first in line. Check out his web page. Pete

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Mike Treadway of Black Forrest longbows makes some nice ones, and Chek-Mate offers their Thunderbird and Longhorn flatbows in 58" (any "longbow" that short is going to be a flatbow).

Good luck finding either of those used--seems the owners seldom let one go.

Chad

·
Registered
65 Posts
LBR off A tad there, Herbs Pronghorn 56" is A miniture copy of his 60-64". To 20 yds I can shoot right with the longer bows, but these are really made for that turkey blind or brush blind or close in treestand. Everyone that has shot my lil bow has looked down at it and couldnt believe no handshock and the speed for A 44#@27". Better go try on! Pete

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Didn't mean that as a bad thing--most "longbows" on the market today, regardless of length, would be more accurately defined as flatbows. Obviously depends on how strict your definition is, but get right down to it there aren't that many "true" longbows on the market as compared to flatbows being called longbows.

The reason I brought it up was in case BHGT were to overlook the flatbow category--might find just what he's looking for there.

Chad

·
Registered
185 Posts
Duane from Thunderhorn makes of one the prettiest and fastest 58" longbows that I've ever shot. The little thing is as light as a feather, and shoots unreal. It's faster then my recurves, shooting 4#'s lighter in draw weight. The thing just shoots. He makes them in either the Coup Stik or the Heartstopper, which is the prettiest longbow out there. It's worth looking into

1 - 11 of 11 Posts