Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us shoot what we shoot because we think it is the best. If I asked what is the best bow, everyone would say, "Mine!!" So, in an attempt to get a clear winner in the best bow (whatever that means) debate is to ask which bow is second best; whatever brand you shoot doesn't count. So what is the 2nd best bow?

I shoot Bowtech, but I think some of the Mathews bows come close.

Automan

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think its gotta be Bowtech, I shoot a Mathews but have shoot a few bowtechs and they were unbelievable.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'd like to have a Bowtech as a backup bow for my Monster :darkbeer:

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
I shoot bowtech and then Hoyt

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I shoot Bowtech but I owned a 2007 Elite Synergy that was awesome so I am saying Elite has got to be second to me.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Hoyt does in my opinion. :)

But I also think they make the best bow on the market....and the third and fourth best for that matter. :thumb:

They do make more then one bow you know :D

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Good topic Automan26 !
It's Merlin all the way. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
i don't think there is a best and 2nd best. bows are just tools to send an arrow to the target. they don't pound nails or cut wood. thare are many bows that are great and fun to shoot. i think the top name brands are pretty equal. however since Kevin Strothers left bowtech in 05, it seems the quality went with him. i like pearsons e.t.i. system and wish more companies would use a form of the system. i don't have a pearson so i am not being biased. i don't say my bow is best either because the company doesn't pay me. so why should i say how great they are. it's just a bow and i can get another one from somewhere else that i will like just as much.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Today I say Hoyt. Ask me tomorrow and I might say Mathews. But they are all pretty nice. It's just preference.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
#2 = PSE Bow Madness Series, XL to be exact.

#1 = PSE X Force

This is subject to change upon release fo the PSE Omen

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I think my frankenbow Envy SS is 2nd best only to it's original creators new bow called the SR-71 I've yet to buy... wouldn't you agree?

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
i dont think my bow is the best but i think it felt the best for me. I gave up a hoyt am 32 for my monster but if i didnt own mathews it would be another hoyt. To me, hoyt and mathews are both the best bar none. I dont trust the limbs on a bowtech.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
In my opinion, if i wasnt shooting my Mathews, id probably be shooting a Hoyt Alphamax 32...so to me, Hoyt.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hoyt would be my number two

1 - 20 of 66 Posts