·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Catfish customs for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
S R S custom strings 618-2107511 scott is the owner some great threads... fully guaranteed. i send all my clients to him..

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Twisted X, Hogwire, JBK are my top 3 I would recommend. I have heard great things about catfish customs but never used. It's all personal preference beyond that for me. I know that Shane at Twisted X has some awesome servings and it are super sturdy. The rest are as well I was just overly impressed with Shanes. And he text me and asked me how I liked them afterwards and was real nice and helpful during the build process. Got nock fitment perfect for my nock of choice.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Twisted X, Hogwire, JBK are my top 3 I would recommend. I have heard great things about catfish customs but never used. It's all personal preference beyond that for me. I know that Shane at Twisted X has some awesome servings and it are super sturdy. The rest are as well I was just overly impressed with Shanes. And he text me and asked me how I liked them afterwards and was real nice and helpful during the build process. Got nock fitment perfect for my nock of choice.

Thank you sir! I appreciate your support!

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Thank you sir! I appreciate your support!
No problem, I like to support the ones that do a awesome job!!! I am debating now on new strings for my podium. I am thinking about colors now!!! Going to replace my Nitrum after this hunting season also.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,704 Posts
Without a doubt, Vapor Trail strings have been the best I've ever used. One set went on 3 Martin Shadowcats, a first run 2010 Shadowcat, 2nd run 2010 Shadowcat (more contoured grip) and a 2011 Shadowcat. I believe some 30,000 shots put on those strings and they still looked great when I pulled them....
FUSE, believe it or not, lasted over year with hard shooting, still on bow when I retired the bow.
Dakoto/Stone Mountain - lasted a year with hard shooting, looked ugly, but still good.
M&R Custom Bow Strings - every set lasted a year or more with hard shooting.
Set of Proline on my hunting bow (not shot a lot) right before 60X bought them out - on for 2 years and look like brand new. Pretty sure 60X maintains quality.
Threadz (yes, z) by Jerry Carter. On every Pearson target bow I've owned (5), always a good year of shooting.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
There are lots of top notch custom string makers. Trying to pick one out of the many can be a very difficult process. Most all of them make great strings. Better than the factory strings that come on your bow. With that being said, I've used Vapor Trail and Catfish Customs. Vapor Trail was very fast on delivery and did an excellent job. Installed my speed nocks without any problems. Some string makers won't install speed nocks anymore. So you have to check on that. Catfish Customs took a little longer but they were still delivered in good time. Catfish Customs has a wide range of materials to choose from. BCY X, Mercury, and Brownell Fury. Speed nocks are also not an issue to install. Both companies made great strings for me.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Vapor Trail's VTX strings have always been my favorite. Excellent quality and fast delivery usually 3 days.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts