Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHO Makes The Best Flying & Most Lethal Mechanical Broadhead on Earth and How Would You Improve It???

We would like to know who you think makes the most lethal ultra-wide-cut mechanical broadhead so that we can "buck the system" in the typical Bishop Archery fashion and compete against it with the finishing touches on our Made in America Mechanical Broadhead coming the week after Easter from www.bishoparchery.com

How would you guys improve the most lethal mechanical broadhead that you know of so that we can take your thoughts and maybe even apply some of them to the finishing touches of our www.bishoparchery.com Mechanical Broadhead.

In the meantime, please check out our other patent pending broadheads from 100-800 grains and our paper sharpening wheels. Spouses love the sharpening wheels for Christmas, but only after you have sharpened all of their kitchen knives to a mirror edge. Check out our kitchen knife, hunting knife, two blade broadhead, serration, single-bevel and double-bevel sharpening paper wheels for the holidays at www.bishoparchery.com[/B]

Thank you for helping and giving us tips to "Bishopify" mechanical broadheads with a new twist and for the ultimate in small surface area arrow flight, pass-throughs, square inches of laceration channeling and structural integrity.

600 Grain Patent Pending Bishop Broadhead Beyond 70 Yards in Extreme Wind

Bishop 315 Grain Patent Pending Broadhead Flight at 110 Yards

Sharpen any kitchen or hunting knife in seconds to minutes. Sharpen two blade broadheads to a mirror edge with our paper sharpening wheel sale at www.bishoparchery.com

Butter knife to shaving sharp with our www.bishoparchery.com paper wheels

Random Bishop Archery Giveaway Winner That Has Harvested Animals All Over the World With His Bow & Arrow

:usa2::jazzmatazzes::band::rockhard::usa2:

#CRANKUPTHECUT www.bishoparchery.com

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
No one yet that would make me happy because anyone currently on the market breaks in short order with a few target shots for me.:dontknow: The Ulmer Edge was a great idea being able to lock the blades closed with a screw to prevent openings for target shooting.

·
8,459 Posts
A mechanical with a steel ferrul
.050" minimum blade thickness

150-200gr options.
2 and 3 blade options and 1.75-2" cut options.

Making anything smaller than 1.75 doesn't make sense. I'd just use a fixed head then.

Anything over 2" especially if it's a 3 blade is just ridiculous overkill and not needed.

Good hardware screws that can also take a beating.

Trocar tip. Also like the idea of locking the blades into practice mode like the ulmer edge did.

I want a mechanical that can take a beating and be reused over and over. Not another throw away junk head that is flooded on the market already.

Lifetime warranty

You do that and I'll buy them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one yet that would make me happy because anyone currently on the market breaks in short order with a few target shots for me.:dontknow: The Ulmer Edge was a great idea being able to lock the blades closed with a screw to prevent openings for target shooting.
Good points and really liked the idea behind those heads as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now were talking! LOL...might have to weigh 150-200 grains with that thick of blades and a stell ferrule though, but we love it! Imagine if we put out a 600 grain mechanical head and how nervous and uneasy that would make the archery industry elitist feel. Maybe we will do it! Some great ideas here! We are hearing you say no more mamby-pamby mechanicals! Love it!!!

150-200gr options.

Making anything smaller than 1.75 doesn't make sense. I'd just use a fixed head then.

Anything over 2" especially if it's a 3 blade is just ridiculous overkill and not needed.

Trocar tip. Also like the idea of locking the blades into practice mode like the ulmer edge did.

I want a mechanical that can take a beating and be reused over and over. Not another throw away junk head that is flooded on the market already.

Lifetime warranty

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, they all make some really good heads. We would like to take them on and compete for your business with our patent pending 50 state legal mechanical. It is a new kind of mechanical, but we need everyone's input on some final touches. Like the guy in this thread saying make one 200 grains! We never planned on that and if you go to www.bishoparchery.com you will see they go from 100-150 grains. But, maybe we will make a heavy hitter as well. Don't think Rage will license their rear deploying blades to us at this point and that is ok, because we have something coming that we are much more excited about. We hope people will look at our 50 state legal patent pending Mechanical Animal Drill, TM with an open mind to be the best penetrating mechanical on the planet. We will try to get it out the week after Easter, but have been hammered lately on our single-bevels.

I have shot Rage and G5 T3 they both did the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any head that kills a deer is lethal. The sooner they die the better, but if I do my job and double lung them they don't go far with any head if use.
Agreed, but we have to prepare for the worst in life and for the animal and hope for the best. Looking at your broadheads and your arrow build though you are doing everything you can to prepare for the worst and have some great broadheads there. You put a lot of time into it and we can see that you have built some pretty advanced arrows. What is your favorite broadhead and grain weight?

The antis would hate it, but you are right....almost all heads, even a field-tip on a double lung shot will get it done in a more humane way than what the tri-tip eating animal lovers do at the grocery store and then turn and judge all of us. One of the saving graces of bowhunting is the double lung shot and the undeniability of it's efficiency.

One of the more controversial things can be mechanical heads and their acceptance, even though it is the best selling design on the market sales wise. We don't care about that part of it, but if you look at your fixed blade heads in your signature and the 800 grain two blades we make, do you think it is unethical, or odd that we want to try to make the world's most lethal mechanical that we can? Or if it is best for the animals to die quickest, over the cut on contacts, as there is a small group of us at Bishop that have been ambivalent about the work we have done on developing a mechanical for a long time now, even though mechanicals are all the rage these days. We were more leaning towards a cut-on-contact mechanical for the tip. What do you think about maybe a cut-on-contact Mechanical Animal Drill over some of the other tip designs. You say, it doesn't matter as long as you double lung them, but look at the arrows you build and all of the time and care you put into your own archery tackle. We were getting good results with the cut-on-contact version of our new head and wondered if there is anything about the cut-on-contact mechanicals that you guys did not like?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Magnus

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

150-200gr options.

Lifetime warranty

Pretty much sums it up! You need a 100gr and up from there, to reach more market. A single bevel design front end, like your fixed Driller would work for me, with 1.50-1.75 blades, that don't bend or break very easily.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty much sums it up! You need a 100gr and up from there, to reach more market. A single bevel design front end, like your fixed Driller would work for me, with 1.50-1.75 blades, that don't bend or break very easily.
Yeah, that is our kind of mechanical. The Patent Pending Mechanical Animal Drill achieves those things, but in some different ways and wish we could tell more, but the archery industry corporations don't always play nice with American Small Business. But, this line of thinking "Driller with blades that don't bend or break easily" would be a great approach for a mechanical. We really appreciate it and have 100-150 grains in the cue, but a 200 Limited Edition would be something we would like to do if we can swing the up front costs. Anything we can do to disrupt the archery industry elites and take hunting product group's market share stimulates us and propels us forward. It is more of a patriotic effort to make broadheads and at some point we had to stop selling them privately and start selling them publicly to fund more no holds barred archery projects.

What you are saying with 100 grains on up to the heavier grains with the best new blades we can produce are key. We are excited about our 100-150 Mechanical Animal Drills with our Patent Pending Rocco Rudder Blade, TM. It has more of a manipulated edge bevel than even our 600 grain Scientific Method and it achieves some characteristics of ultra-wide-cutting diameter mechanical, but with better pass-through blood-trail style penetration. We have 99% of the heads figured out, but things like this with grain weight suggestions, characteristics you guys love and hate about mechanicals and fixed blades etc., makes a big difference in what we put out and how we achieve certain things with our heads. It is really appreciated and subtle things combined together can make a huge positive or negative impact on broadhead design and efficiency.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Make one and call it the "Mechanical Animal Drill" :wink:
LOL...Love what you guys are doing and appreciate the support!

LOL...It is settled then....we will call it the Mechanical Animal Drill, TM

Looks like you guys have some great Made in America Products over there and it is great to see your Patriotic Projects taking off.

#USARISEUP #CHINAGOHOME #BUYAMERICAN

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We love the Magnus products as well and they represent everything that is right with our archery industry and our country. Unfortunately, this is the exception and is increasingly rare, as we are being taken over by other countries in an economic war that we may have already lost. They make so many great ones and all right here in the USA. What is your favorite Magnus Head thus far and why?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.