Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy an after market bow string for my mathews dxt, what is the best choice for an aftermarket bow string. Thanks:wink:

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Well, you will get a ton of answers on this one, as has been evidenced by recent threads on this same topic.....some of the standard answers will be:

Winners Choice
B2
Vapor Trail
Bucknasty
Deezlin
Crackers
Schmidty Specialty
H&M
Neeleys (sp)
Americas Best

and probably a whole lot more that I forgot about.........

You might want to do a search, there are hundreds of answers to this very question.......of course the answers are always the same to.....

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Extreme strings makes a great string and for close to half the price of a winners choice. i would check them out. i am very impressed with mine so far.

057.JPG

061.JPG

070.JPG

·
Registered
430 Posts
stone mountain bowstrings are the best no peep rotation.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Crackers and Schmidtys is what I use... I have also used Pro Strings and like them to.... There are many good string builders out there just get with someone and have them set u up......

NJBB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just read another thread and here is what others say

Winners Choice
Vapor Trail
Bucknasty
Nealy Custom
H&M Bowstrings
Rock Solid
Twiztdstrings
Viscosity
Xtreme Strings
B-2 Bowstrings
Schmidty's Specialty Strings
Little Jon Bowstrings
Inferno
Scoprion

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Nice to see another Pro String user. Great service and excellent strings. Vapor Trail's another. As has already been said; lots of good sources for good strings. I like Pro String and Vapor Trail since I get the strings within 3 to 4 days of making the call. The quality has always been first rate with a wide choice of colors and materials.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The last set of Barracuda Strings I installed looked really good. Most of the Mathews bows we get in the shop have Zebras and Barracudas if they're in for their first string change. I'm not a Mathews fan; but their string quality is very good.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
You would have a very hard time beating Trophy Bound Bowstrings in my opinion. I've been shooting his strings for 3 years now and have never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
little jon

phill from little jon does a great job.all my strings are right on the numbers and stretch under high tension.you wont go wrong with phill.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have had a set of Bucknasty's on an AR35 for over a year and thousands of shots without any problems.

I just put a set of Americas Best on a MoneyMaker. I set the bow to specs, put the peep in and it hasn't turned yet. I have shot it at least 500 shots since then. I have two more sets to put on my X-Forces when my E Z Press gets here.

Good Luck on your decision, there are many reputable string makers out there. I happen to like served ends on mine, so it lessens the field a little.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
check out rocksolid strings. great strings at a great price and tripp is a awsome guy. there was just a thread posted about his great customer service. they have a deal going for 2 more days were you get 20% off.

·
Registered
633 Posts
strings

B2 by Nathan Brooke #1
Bucknasty (close #2) and cheaper!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts