Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on what to mix? I have a recipe I’ve been making for A few years and it works pretty well, just looking to see if others have things they add that I don’t.
My mix
100lbs Redmond trace mineral
50lbs di calcium phosphate
50lbs stock salt
50 lbs of calcium
50lbs dried molasses

Anything I’m missing? If so what benefits does it offer? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I mix 50# Dumor spring mineral mix
50# trace mineralized salt w/selenium......dump out about 10# a week in each mineral site....deer devour it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
2.5lbs of a mineral base that I use
5lbs redmonds salt
10lbs monocal
7.5lbs calcium
4oz of the attractant that I use

This makes up two buckets (bout 12.5lbs each) and will service two sites.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Red trace
White loose salt
Di-cal
Ratio of 2/1/1
Good stuff

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Good luck. I tried it last year an it was a failure.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot this year I added 10lbs of dried peanut butter powder as well I had it for lifting supplements and it was out of date. Figured why not lol they have been burning it ip

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot this year I added 10lbs of dried peanut butter powder as well I had it for lifting supplements and it was out of date. Figured why not lol they have been burning it up.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I tried one year but found getting the all purpose cattle mineral about the sake price and easier. I got it from TS for $12 for a 50lb bag. Deer loved it

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good luck. I tried it last year an it was a failure.
For some reason mineral licks don't get worked in every area. I've found that sandy soils get hit far less than other areas. The best places I've found are near rivers, creeks, or ponds. I've got some 15 year old sites you could almost lose an atv in.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Honestly I just use either the 50 lb bags or the 50 lb blocks of salt, whichever happens to be cheaper that day. Works just fine and I get thousands of pictures

I used to mix in other stuff but I don't really see the need anymore

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
50lb trace mineral block from the feed store is all you need! I can show you pics of the holes they dig. Or better yet ill show you in person since you know where i hunt haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts