Votes: 51 45.9%
  • Other

Votes: 22 19.8%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to know how many archers here own a Mathews Apex or Apex 7. Can you tell me which model, draw length, poundage, used of the bow and general satisfaction of the bow.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Apex Series

Also own a Lizard Green Prestige. 26.5" AMO draw. 50#.
Jbird

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I owned an Apex 7, black on black.

30" draw,

60 lbs.

The bow was super fast and accurate.

The only complaint I have about the bow is the grip was too skinny for my big hands. The grip and I didn't get along too well, and no aftermarket grip will fit it that I know of. But, most people really love the grip. I just can't shoot a flat back grip.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mathews Apex7 owner

Hi, I own a Mathews Apex7 at 27", shoot with X-10 450 at 27" with 59 lbs, I was 4th at the first leg of the World Cup, ranked 25th on the world fita ranking. I won the fita national championships in master division, finished 2nd in the field national champ. last week-end. I am very proud to shoot such a bow, consistent, accurate and very fast.

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
Pete731 said:
I would like to know how many archers here own a Mathews Apex or Apex 7. Can you tell me which model, draw length, poundage, used of the bow and general satisfaction of the bow.
Don't tell me your thinking of switching from Hoyt are you?:confused:

LOL
NIck

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
i have the apex black out blue 28 inch at 68 lbs shooting a fatboy at 282 fps

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
2006 model.....42 1/4" Apex.....60 lbs.....black riser/camo limbs....30.5" DL....right hand......420 gr. arrows.....256 fps.....61 fpe......

I shoot fingers and love that Apex! :) :darkbeer:

Only single-cam I've ever shot that I can group as tight as my RedMan/Barnsdale with TriStars and my Hoyt ProTec!! :wink:

(And that's saying something!)

·
Registered
10,993 Posts
I have a Shark Red Apex. VERY happy with the bow. Happier when I get a longer draw cam for it. I'm thinking about getting an Apex7 next year for 3d & hunting.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Mr. October said:
I have a Shark Red Apex. VERY happy with the bow. Happier when I get a longer draw cam for it. I'm thinking about getting an Apex7 next year for 3d & hunting.
Pete,

I've heard several guys say that although the A7 is faster than their Apex, it didn't draw as smooth and they didn't shoot quite as tight of groups with it as the regular Apex.....

You may want to shoot one first before you drop the dollars (if you haven't shot an A7 already).... :wink:

·
Registered
10,993 Posts
TexasGuy said:
Pete,

I've heard several guys say that although the A7 is faster than their Apex, it didn't draw as smooth and they didn't shoot quite as tight of groups with it as the regular Apex.....

You may want to shoot one first before you drop the dollars (if you haven't shot an A7 already).... :wink:
Oh I wouldn't be replacing my Apex. No sir! I love that bow. I'd actually be replacing my Switchback with it. And I'd probably put an Apex cam on it. Thanks for the advice though. I know a lefty at our club that shot one with great results all year. I WILL try it before I buy.

·
State With Little Bucks
12,100 Posts
Can you tell me which model, draw length, poundage, used of the bow and general satisfaction of the bow.

I voted other,can you guess which 1.:)
DL 28"
DW 71#
Used for Hunting
General Sat.........VERY VERY HAPPY:thumbs_up

·
Registered
217 Posts
You'll have to pry my Apex 7 from my cold dead hands. This is by far the best bow I've owned or shot in the last 22 years. Black on black (no suppressors), 50#, 30" for both Field & 3D.

:tongue:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Apex, black and camo.

·
74,535 Posts
DeadX would be agood vote for Apex7

He won all three majors in the senior pro indoor circuit with his.

I have won my share and had one of my best years ever with mine.

I do think the guys with 30" draw should shoot the Apex.

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
I have the Black/Camo Apex 7. Shoot an Ovation the year before and boy did I pick up the speed. 29" draw with Lightspeed 400's. Around 295 FPS. Hung in there in the top 15 at 4 of the IBO events this year. MSR. Plan on using it for hunting in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I owned both apex apex7 love the apex 60# dr 30 dl.the seven was good but not great for my set up. sold it,it was faster than the apex. but hard on cables

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have had a couple Apex's and they shot great but I prefer the grip on the Apex 7 better. My hand tended to slide up a little to high on the Apex.
Right now I have 3 Apex 7's and 1 Switchback.
Black on Black 52# 29" 282 gr ACE 470 282fps ASA set up
Lizard Green 51# 29" 327gr ACE 430 267fps Field set up, also going to be my indoor bow.
Liquid Gold 29" 60# 327gr ACE 430 291fps. IBO 3-D set up
Switchback 29" 70# 368gr arrow 291 fps. hunting bow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts