Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had some show on tv that I saw and I question their results.
They were pitting the accuracy of a football pro against an oylmpic archer and said the football pro was more accurate. Though I never in that show actually saw the archers shoot. They claimed the archers only hit the yellow 6 out of 10 shots and the pro hit 10 for 10 with a football.
Did anybody else see that show ? maybe they need to go to vegas ?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
There was a thread on this already. We all thought it was crap also.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
that accuracy test doesn't compare the real accuracy of an archer compared to a quarterback. they tested drew brees at 20 yards and said he didn't miss the bullseye once..... duh, he's using a projectile that's 6" across impressive as it was, it's not the same as shooting a small diameter arrow at 70 meters!
what do you think would have happend if drew brees would have thrown balls out to 40 yds. yeah he would have missed completely on some of the shots

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah from what I saw they mush have let olympic shooters shoot at some other time. It looked like they had multiple photos of recurve and compound and they had him throwing 20 yards.... but never saw the archers shoot.

sorry if this had been on at another time. first time I saw it.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I say that they line the producers of the show up at 50 yards, or even 70 yards, to let the Archers shoot at Their heads...But first, give them , the Producers of the show, the choice of letting the Archers shoot at them,, or letting the football thrower throw footballs at them at 40, or 50 yards.....See THEN which projectile, and projectile launcher they choose....Football is a sad comparison to Archery, and really, what was the supposed intent of the show??...To show how accurate the football thrower is, or to belittle Archery??..Are T.V. watchers really this bored??..Have T.V. Producers really gotten this hard up for idea's for an interesting show??...or are most T.V. addicts really this stupid to believe such a load??.......it would be laughable, if it wasnt so lame, and pathetic, really...Harperman

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They had put some equipment in the football and said it was rotating at 600 rpm. and quoted how accurate his speed and tragectory were from their supposed equipment. I think they did a lot of fudging actually.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
They had put some equipment in the football and said it was rotating at 600 rpm. and quoted how accurate his speed and tragectory were from their supposed equipment. I think they did a lot of fudging actually.
........600 r.p.m.???.From a hand thrown football??....SERIOUSLY??.....Fudging might be an understatement....L.O.L...Harperman

·
Registered
847 Posts
bs!!!!

that's tv! so sickening it makes my ass puke!!! well, don't anyone get too offended or upset, we all know how it works, these idiots, and all others like them, should be held accountable for their fallacious programming, but i'am not holding my breath!! Archery, proof that reality does exist!! God bless, brothers!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts