Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how well of a bow they make?, you hear very little about them. Cabela's has the Parker pursuer xp (2008-09) just wondering how these bows shoot? the quality of the bows? Do they compare to any of the other single cam bows out there? And if anyone has shot or owned one? what did you like of them and would you ever buy another one? Any opinions would be great

·
Registered
838 Posts
Parker Archery is a Virginia-based company who makes a good quality bow. I have owned one and it shot very well. They are a "big-box" store bow meaning that you can find them at stores like BPS, Dicks, Cabelas, and other outdoor stores and they have a lifetime warranty with great customer service. To tell you that they are the next greatest thing since sliced bread, I would be lying. I don't personally think there are many bows out there that are exactly changing the market at this point. You just have to go to one of these stores and try one out.

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
here's something from another thread that i posted the other day...

well i had the priviledge to shoot their full line of bows and what i presume is their 2012 line that was still prototypes.......

all i can say is very impressed! If you haven't shot them lately, give them a try. Parker is good quality!

Fit and finish was great first and foremost
Their draw were silky smooth,
at the shot, very quiet, no vibe, reminded me of the switchback xt, really no kick at all.

Speeds not sure, didn't chrono, trust me, fast enough!
Even the kids bows were impressive........

I forgot to mention.......the inferno is a very very nice bow.....it shoots very well, quiet as heck....reminds me of the mathews drenalin....very light, easy to hold, carry etc......
One thing i liked was that there attention to detail on the fit and finish was excellant, no torque from the grip. I didn't know parker was that good. My local dealer does pretty good with them, he also carries mathews.....

i tell you what i think there speed listing on the inferno was 320fps ibo......i don't think there fudging like some other brands.
if i were to guess there probably right on or within 2-3 fps like hoyt and darton........i could tell it was very quick
i shot the inferno at the end and it was at 70lbs 29inch draw and it zipped it quickly......my arrow was 344grains as well.....
It was as quiet as my truth 2 bow and my old mathews bows.

I never would've considered parker as a bow to shoot, but now I would! Pretty dang impressed. I've got to get my son a bow and was going to get the Bear apprentice and now i'm thinking of the parker

& from another member here:

i shoot and really like the Inferno. with a 393gr. arrow at 65# and 28"DL it chrono's 275.
shot the Z7 and the Inferno back to back for 30 minutes or more. the only real difference i found was the grip

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
i don't mind their grip, but i kinda liked their other wood grip that was similar to the mathews grip, plus it looks great on it as well.

i would consider trading my Truth 2 for a parker in the near future, that's how much they impressed me. If you check their facebook sight, they seem like a warm and quick response type of company!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
here's something from another thread that i posted the other day...

well i had the priviledge to shoot their full line of bows and what i presume is their 2012 line that was still prototypes.......

all i can say is very impressed! If you haven't shot them lately, give them a try. Parker is good quality!

Fit and finish was great first and foremost
Their draw were silky smooth,
at the shot, very quiet, no vibe, reminded me of the switchback xt, really no kick at all.

Speeds not sure, didn't chrono, trust me, fast enough!
Even the kids bows were impressive........

I forgot to mention.......the inferno is a very very nice bow.....it shoots very well, quiet as heck....reminds me of the mathews drenalin....very light, easy to hold, carry etc......
One thing i liked was that there attention to detail on the fit and finish was excellant, no torque from the grip. I didn't know parker was that good. My local dealer does pretty good with them, he also carries mathews.....

i tell you what i think there speed listing on the inferno was 320fps ibo......i don't think there fudging like some other brands.
if i were to guess there probably right on or within 2-3 fps like hoyt and darton........i could tell it was very quick
i shot the inferno at the end and it was at 70lbs 29inch draw and it zipped it quickly......my arrow was 344grains as well.....
It was as quiet as my truth 2 bow and my old mathews bows.

I never would've considered parker as a bow to shoot, but now I would! Pretty dang impressed. I've got to get my son a bow and was going to get the Bear apprentice and now i'm thinking of the parker

& from another member here:

i shoot and really like the Inferno. with a 393gr. arrow at 65# and 28"DL it chrono's 275.
shot the Z7 and the Inferno back to back for 30 minutes or more. the only real difference i found was the grip

Great Post..I dont think I could have said it any better

·
Let the Arrow Fly
5,487 Posts
I've serviced lots of them for new strings for people. They're a nice bow for the money but their stock strings are junk imo. My sister shoots a Parker and shoots just as good as me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
I'm going to wait til there 2012 line comes out before i get another bow. If i find a sweet deal on a inferno then that might change my thinking....
i wish they would round off there limbs where they fit on the riser.....that would sharpen it up alot more and bring back the walnut grip, or atleast give the option....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts