Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how has it worked out for anyone,i have allways did one brass crimp below the arrow with the loop tied above the arrow and below the brass crimp.mostly did this to keep the loop open for my mongoose but i am giving a hook release a shot this yr.so give me your feed back good or bad....

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Nothing but a loop on target an hunting bows for years.

Tie it right, cinch it down good, and forget about it.:)

I use a pair of long needle nose pliers to stretch the loop out and seat it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I've shot a loop only for years. No problems. Using a fletcher shorty release and a truball release.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Nothing on my string. I did take a little white out and put at mark at the top and the bottom just so I could notice creep. Mine hasn't moved ever.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
just a loop here too no problems. i use a truball release.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I only use loops on all bows I set up unless the customer states otherwise. No issues here!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It Depends!!!!!

For those that don't have a problem with slippage, your materials are compatable. If you have halo or diamondback for your center serving, most loops no matter how you cinch it, will slip,,,,use the nockset! When your loop slips, you have a reference point to tie another one on and your back in business and not back to step one of tuning your bow. If your loop doesn't bite into the center serving, its gonna slip sooner or later. If you use custom strings, ask the string maker what material he/she recommends for loops.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Loop only, easy enough to mark your serving to relocate if it ever did move.....1000's of shots, Hasn't moved yet...B

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Nothing but a loop on target an hunting bows for years.

Tie it right, cinch it down good, and forget about it.:)

I use a pair of long needle nose pliers to stretch the loop out and seat it.
What Big C said!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the loop tied above the nock and below the nockset/tied in spacer is supposed to produce some downforce on the arrow, to help hold it on the rest. A bow with agressive cams, with a noticable bump at the end of the draw curve, can lift and knock the arrow off a prong style rest. Its not noticable with a dropaway/ full capture rest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts