Archery Talk Forum banner

Who still uses API's safety harness???

1928 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  kcarel
with the writing on the shoulders.."Right..Left" I really like this harness and have used it for some time now and think it is really easy to put on..like 20 seconds?? Curious who else has stuck with this harness...good luck!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,284 Posts
Nope I threw mine out last year. I had it and wore it one full day. But after walking to my stand the leg traps came undone and luckily I noticed it when I was only 5 ft off the ground. That night I stopped by Bass Pro and bought a HSS. Best investment ever. Its more comfortable, easier to adjust and put on and all the buckles stay closed.

· Registered
10,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope I threw mine out last year. I had it and wore it one full day. But after walking to my stand the leg traps came undone and luckily I noticed it when I was only 5 ft off the ground. That night I stopped by Bass Pro and bought a HSS. Best investment ever. Its more comfortable, easier to adjust and put on and all the buckles stay closed.
Never had the leg straps come loose. I am using a newer one this year though I got with a stand last year, maybe they changed something??

· Registered
581 Posts
with the writing on the shoulders.."Right..Left" I really like this harness and have used it for some time now and think it is really easy to put on..like 20 seconds?? Curious who else has stuck with this harness...good luck!
I used it to pull the doe out of the woods just this past weekend. I dont wear harnesses in ladder stands but I use the API harness with my API bowhunter climber I love this harness and works good for me. Just make sure your important parts are caught up in the leg strap!

· Registered
581 Posts
I hope so b/c if they are the same as last year, check all the straps periodically.
They will come loose if you walk with the harness. I've noticed that myself but it doesnt bother me. I wear the harness loose when walking in and tighten it up when I start climbing. If you suspect the harness straps will loosen, test it out and hang from the tree at ground level

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.