Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bow has its very own seat in the truck, it dont leave my posession ever, who else is with me? My name is bird and im a archerholic

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I don't have a bow in my truck wherever I go ... but I do have a 5-pc 5-wt flyrod under the seat, hip waders, vest, and box of flies ... :set1_thinking: ... must make me a fishaholic.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
My bow has its very own seat in the truck, it dont leave my posession ever, who else is with me? My name is bird and im a archerholic
Yup! But not any more.......Ripped her out one day at a wedding to practice a bit....didn't go over to well.....the wife didn't think it was approprate on my wedding day.... :) ;) LOL!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup! But not any more.......ripped her out one day at a wedding to practice a bit....didn't go over to well.....the wife didn't think it was approprate on my wedding day.... :) ;) lol!
lmao wooooooww yes sir

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
not me. somebody would steal it. Mine stays locked up at the house unless it hunting season and then it just is in the truck when I'm goin hunting.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I keep one bow at work, and usually have one with me most of the time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I never keep any of my bows in any of the vehicles except when going shooting or hunting. If there is a chance that it will be sunny and get warm in the vehicle, I won't leave the bow in it. It's a very quick way to ruin a bow, by submitting them to the heat that can get excessive in a vehicle.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Not my bow, but definately a pistol.:zip:Too many crazy people today.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Bow in trucks!

28 years in law enforcement here.

Only a piece of glass is between the thief and your archery equipment when it is left in a truck.

A bow case looks just like a gun case in the rear seat of your truck to some crooks.

Thieves sit in motel parking watching what visitors are carrying when they check into their rooms. A pair of channel locks will twist the door knob and dead bolt lock off your motel or hotel room door to steal what the bad guys thought were guns in cases.

There are no sure ways to keeps burglars from breaking into your truck or your room when traveling, but if you are discreet when moving your equipment into your motel rooms of your truck the odds are in your favor.

Try to make sure no one sees your cases or your equipment in your truck by covering them with a blanket, clothing, or something similar.

Better yet lock them in the trunk or in your pickup's bed cover and for goodnerss sake do not let anyone see them!

Remember, any window will break for thief who has done this same thing many times and has never been caught and most motel doors can be opened with a pair of channel locks after you leave your archery equipment in your room to go find some place to eat dinner or what ever.

Remember what I say now or remember what I said later after someone has just stolen your bow that you never leave home without.

Just experience talking. r302:)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bro your scaring me lol serious

·
Registered
17 Posts
28 years in law enforcement here.

Only a piece of glass is between the thief and your archery equipment when it is left in a truck.

A bow case looks just like a gun case in the rear seat of your truck to some crooks.

Thieves sit in motel parking watching what visitors are carrying when they check into their rooms. A pair of channel locks will twist the door knob and dead bolt lock off your motel or hotel room door to steal what the bad guys thought were guns in cases.

There are no sure ways to keeps burglars from breaking into your truck or your room when traveling, but if you are discreet when moving your equipment into your motel rooms of your truck the odds are in your favor.

Try to make sure no one sees your cases or your equipment in your truck by covering them with a blanket, clothing, or something similar.

Better yet lock them in the trunk or in your pickup's bed cover and for goodnerss sake do not let anyone see them!

Remember, any window will break for thief who has done this same thing many times and has never been caught and most motel doors can be opened with a pair of channel locks after you leave your archery equipment in your room to go find some place to eat dinner or what ever.

Remember what I say now or remember what I said later after someone has just stolen your bow that you never leave home without.

Just experience talking. r302:)
law enforcement here as well, and totally agreed! a crack head will steal your bow and sell it for $20 just as quick as they can see it!

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
never leave my bow in my car. heat isnt good for the limbs and strings

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am a mechanic at a golf course. right now my alien is in the pasenger
seat of my work cart just waiting for a deer to come out and wreck
another green side bunker.all employees call me in the shop when deer are seen so I can eradicate the problem deer. God I love my job!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Well, obviously it doesn't go with me on scuba trips to who know where throughout the world, but it doesn't leave my truck too often when I'm around home. Never know when I might get the urge to shoot---like every day.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,231 Posts
I have a holder for mine next to the toilet, a hook to hang it from in the shower, and it even gets to watch when my old lady and me are gettin' busy. I tried to take it into the bank with me but that didn't go so well.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Fear of thieves stealing it and worries about excessive heat keep my bow locked up at home. She does get to go outside on a daily basis though. There are way too many thieves round here to take a chance on leavng my bow in my vehicle as it would break my heart to lose it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Last thing I packed last week to come on vacation to Destin FL. Did get to shoot Sun at Chocktaw Bowmen. Other than that probably won't get it out of the trunk. Never know when you might get to shoot though.
Frank

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bump for the love of my guardian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts