Archery Talk Forum banner

simple question abandon classifieds for the auction site

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i personaly think we should stop using the classifieds and post everything in
the new auction site .. it's pretty niffty..
you don't have to run your ad as a auction there are options for a static price if you wish and even it's own version of buy it now..:wink:

** The official stance of ArcheryTalk is that the FREE Classified ads are not going anywhere. Classifieds are a important function of providing community, and we feel that the auctions and classifieds can co-exist. (miked) **

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
while I am very excited about the Archery Talk auctions, I hope they keep the classifieds just the way they are...:wink:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I like the classifieds. I don't buy/sell too much, but when I do its seems to be less of a hassle than auctions. For the most part I'm not trying to see how much I can get for something or trying to get something for as little as possible...just outright buying and selling.:)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has that

Bobmuley said:
I like the classifieds. I don't buy/sell too much, but when I do its seems to be less of a hassle than auctions. For the most part I'm not trying to see how much I can get for something or trying to get something for as little as possible...just outright buying and selling.:)
looking close at the auction site it has the ability for the lister to put a flat price and take offers you don't have to place them as a auction..

and you can set up a paypal link and a buy it now .. i think in short time those who think it's harder are just afraid of change.. but like anything once you change after awhile you forget about the old way all together. and it would be second nature..

why i'm pushing this a bit i would like to see it stick around .. there does not seem to be a whole lots of people using it..and that will just lead to it going away .. i just would like to see the oposite happen..and have it grow into something big..:confused:

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Calssifieds MUST stay!

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
The official stance of ArcheryTalk is that the FREE Classified ads are not going anywhere. Classifieds are a important function of providing community, and we feel that the auctions and classifieds can co-exist.

This poll is simply for discussion and does not reflect current or future AT policy, and the results of this poll will not affect the structure of ArcheryTalk.com.

The auction site is designed to fill two missing holes with the AT Classified structure. It welcomes dealers/manufacturers to have place to sell product, and it allows users to sell miscellanea.

Classifieds is still for down to earth, good deals and the trading of archery equipment between archers to boost and better the community.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nor was it ment to

miked said:
The official stance of ArcheryTalk is that the FREE Classified ads are not going anywhere. Classifieds are a important function of providing community, and we feel that the auctions and classifieds can co-exist.

This poll is simply for discussion and does not reflect current or future AT policy, and the results of this poll will not affect the structure of ArcheryTalk.com.
just come on people use it .. the format for showing off what your selling is far superior.. but from the first time i looked days and days ago there are still only 6 bows for sale... and that is just sad:cry:

really really if i had something to sell i would use it.. .. i may have to dig something up to sell even if it's not archery related..

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The Classifieds are an integral component of this site...

to do away with them would be a major mistake.

I applaud the mods and administrators for continually growing this site and always stiving to make it better, but I am concerned at times that we are too liberal. We have a great site that is heads and shoulders above any other Archery forumn on the net. Sometimes changes are proposed out of left field and then pursued with a lot of energy. I hope that all involved in the decision making process take a moment of conservative thought when considering changes and realize that we are as great as we are becuase of the way we are.

With that being siad you guys do a great job and usully make the right decisions.

J

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
NO!! If I had to wait 3 days or more for an auction to end on something I want I would never work, sleep, eat (well that might be a good thing :rolleyes: ).

You better watch throwing out questions like that.. We addicts might just hunt you down.. :wink:

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I'll stick with the classifieds.

That is one of the best parts of AT.

Acutally, I haven't even looked at the Auction function yet. :embara:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello....

JawsDad said:
NO!! If I had to wait 3 days or more for an auction to end on something I want I would never work, sleep, eat (well that might be a good thing :rolleyes: ).

You better watch throwing out questions like that.. We addicts might just hunt you down.. :wink:
i said those selling don't have to post it as a auction .. it has the ability to just place it with a price.. FOR THOSE READING THIS YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLACE A ITEM AS A AUCTION ITEM".. i saw a few items on there with a wanted price..

oh well sure the auction site wont last long with no one using it. so sad:cry:

** It will, you'll see! (miked) **

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
I say keep the classifieds, to me it seems like it is a more personal way of selling and buying your items. I enjoy the auctions also, but I see no reason to do away with one or the other.

The auction method of selling is more like the method of selling(for best offer) that is not allowed in the classifieds. If you want to sell your item today then listed in the classifieds, if you want to wait and see if you can get more then you are really willing to sell it for then list in the auctions, there is a place for both methods here on AT.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
oh well

i change my thought .. i think both is good..

just would like to see the site full of things to buy .. alot of times all the good bows " or the ones that fit my needs , wants" in the classifieds look availible but are sold. and the ads stay in there after sold for ever and ever..
that alone is depressing when you read the ad and think cool i want it than realize it was gone .. months ago..:embara:
well not months but even a day or two and it's to late.. at least if it ran long enough i could have a chance... instead of missing out sometimes.

·
74,535 Posts
Thanks Miked

miked said:

The auction site is designed to fill two missing holes with the AT Classified structure. It welcomes dealers/manufacturers to have place to sell product, and it allows users to sell miscellanea.

Classifieds is still for down to earth, good deals and the trading of archery equipment between archers to boost and better the community.

Many members here have done there best to make this the best classifiads on the net. Dont mess with a good thing:wink:
DB

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I like the new Itrader feature. :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally I love the classifieds. That other auction site, we all know the one, used to be a great place to get a good deal, now it seems they are few and far between and I rarely visit there anymore as it is chock full of "new" stuff selling for new or higher prices.

I like the - Here is what I have, and this is what I want out of it - atmosphere of the classifieds, it suits me much better.:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts