Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this bowhunting vest? It sure looks to be nicer made than any other bowhunting vest on the market (only one other that I know of).
I mean, the Primos vest isn't total junk, but it seemed to me, that the material was cheap, and the pockets were WAY TOO shallow! I could see EVERYTHING in the pockets, falling out continuously all season long. Even if this was NOT the case, I REALLY prefer a deep (or deepER) pocket(s).
Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has used this Cabelas brand bowhunting vest.
I am thinking of buying one. Not sure just yet though...
Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just bought the HSS Pro Series vest becasue I just couldn't find one out there that met all my needs. I want an integrated 4-point safety system, plus a lot of pockets like a turkey vest. Looks like I'm still gonna have to take a bag of some sort even for day hunts.

Chris

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm..
Well the vest I'm talking about from Cabelas, is NOT a safety harness at all.
It is simply a bowhunters vest, with all kinds of pockets for accessories. Calls, rangefinder, release, wind checker, etc etc.
I THINK there MIGHT be a hole in the back of the vest, which allows your safety harness strap to enter/exit though....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Primos hunting vest

I haven't tried the cabela's version , but I do like the Primos Vest. the pockest seem plenty deep enough . If I need to carry more there is always the daypack. :wink:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have the Cabelas vest. I've used it for about 4 years. It's the older version, the newer one has a safety strap hole in the back. It's an awsome vest that can hold a lot. Here is what I normally carry in it:

Grunt tube in holder on chest
can call
mini-mag flashlight in the special pocket
License in inside pocket
knife
pull cord
range finder in padded pocket
compact binos in the other padded pocket, although these go around neck once in stand
rattle bag

It has straps on the back to carry a jacket or something like that. The only thing I really do is take the rattle bag out of the back pouch, because it's hard to sit against the tree with the rattle bag poking your back.

It's a very nice vest that is very well made. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
cabelas

I have the new cabelas vest and its awesome! Never hunt without it

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reflex shooter said:
I have the Cabelas vest. I've used it for about 4 years. It's the older version, the newer one has a safety strap hole in the back. It's an awsome vest that can hold a lot. Here is what I normally carry in it:

Grunt tube in holder on chest
can call
mini-mag flashlight in the special pocket
License in inside pocket
knife
pull cord
range finder in padded pocket
compact binos in the other padded pocket, although these go around neck once in stand
rattle bag

It has straps on the back to carry a jacket or something like that. The only thing I really do is take the rattle bag out of the back pouch, because it's hard to sit against the tree with the rattle bag poking your back.

It's a very nice vest that is very well made. Well worth the money.

-Now THIS is an EXCELLENT post, from a guy who KNOWS how to exchange info on an internet forum. That's what I'm talkin 'bout Reflex Shooter!
Well said from a guy who KNOWS his equiptment.
Those items you listed, are almost the exact same items I will be using in my vest, if I order one.
I am now more seriously considering trying out one of these vests.
Thanks again Reflex Shooter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts