Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving away from Rage heads for next year. I've been happy with them for at least 10 years of both vertical bows and crossbows. This year I had at least one not open. Recovered the deer and the broadhead just busted through the ribs. No cuts. The shock collars are just too stiff.

I happened to find a sale on the Truglo's at Dicks in November and bought 4 packs. Can't wait until next year to try them!
I want to see results others are getting from them.

Post them up!

· Registered
2,730 Posts
Sorry no pics, but definitely sharp out of the box, consistent and deadly. Only problem not great blood trails as deer die with in sight.

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about using the No Collar (NC) version?
I've been using them with no issues.
At $20 a head I just can't do it. I got the Truglows for $24 for a 3 pack with a 4th set of blades. About $6 a head. I doubt I'll find that price every year but with buying 4 packs when I found that price I should only need to buy replacement blades in about 4 years.

· Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
27,508 Posts
Like I said above they worked well. I switched to sevr 2.1 and I don’t see myself using any other head. Mine and my sons bucks this year both sevr 2.1. Neither ram over 50 yds and blood everywhere

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
These are great heads and are very tough, we've killed probably a dozen deer with them and they do punch some very nice holes. I modified my Truglos by ordering some extra rear blades and switched out the front blades so I had 1 3/4 cutting in both directions which makes a huge hole. Good luck and have fun shooting.

· Registered
173 Posts
These are great heads and are very tough, we've killed probably a dozen deer with them and they do punch some very nice holes. I modified my Truglos by ordering some extra rear blades and switched out the front blades so I had 1 3/4 cutting in both directions which makes a huge hole. Good luck and have fun shooting.
Hows the accuracy with the larger blades up front? Any different.

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got out last night and shot one of these broadheads for the first time. I shot 2 field points first at 20 yards. They were one inch apart. I pulled them and shot the broadhead. It went in one of the holes from the fieldpoint shot. I backed up to 30 yards. Still in the 2 inch center of the target. Great flight.

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just watched Lusk review on youtube and I am not interested in these anymore. Recommend to those who are to go watch it.
I watched his review. It wasn't really a bad review.
And while his test are fair in that they compare how broadheads perform against each other through the mediums he chooses to shoot them through, none of his tests are actually through animals. When shooting a deer through the ribs the skin is stretched tight but not hard like his tests through a board and then into ballistic gel. I feel this causes a lot of mechanicals to open much harder than they really do and then rebound closed.

I'll be posting up here in October how they perform on deer.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
I don’t know how they’d hold up going through heavy bone….probably like every mechanical, not well. I’ve shot 2 big bucks that were both broadsided and neither went more than 50 yards. Good holes

With that said, I’m shouting Magnus Stinger buzzcuts with bleeders this season. Just to be safe on a bigger bodied buck.

Entry hole. Borderline back….he went 42yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts