Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If these would sell fairly decent I would possibly think about becoming a sponsor on here. I would be making solid color, regular and double wide slings. I know there are many sling makers but I would just be cheaper due to less options on braids, color combos etc. The regulars would be $6 and the double wides $7. I would possibly add tracer colors and make two colored slings for a little more as well. Just want to get some idea from members on here before I order material. Been known to make a few strings as well ;) I'm an unemployed full time student and could deff use the money. Thanks in advanced for any input. Here are a few sample pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
As you said, there are many guys on here that already make them. You are cheaper, but to be cheaper you are only offering solid colors, where as most people opt for the multi color. But, that doesn't mean you won't sell any. Post an ad in the classifieds and see what happens. Maybe even start a thread and give a certain number away to get your name out and so they can comment on the quality and such. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I would be more intrested in the strings than slings,good string makers are hard to find and good prices.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would be more intrested in the strings than slings,good string makers are hard to find and good prices.
Agreed a billion cheap choices on ebay for slings.... Dido on the strings though. Slings do look good! It is not to say you'd be the one of many offering that I might potentially buy from.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The lack of interest in your slings is simply because there are tons of sling makers here already and they make an exceptional quality product. Thats why it seems so tough to get some attention. I do wish ya the best of luck though.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Please post prices of your string sets or Pm me! I would be intrested in a $7 Sling but need to know payment info and Mailing address. Also what material are you using for the strings 8125, 452X or another material?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be willing to sell string sets anywhere from $55-65 depending on bow types, serving options etc. I have used 452x, 8125, and the newest material Trophy. I really like the trophy material. I don't have a whole lot in color options right now so I would be selling my first few sets to get some more inventory in on material. Makes since though on the slings fellas. I figured the same but it didn't hurt throwing out the idea. Elk4me, I will let you know when I get some leather in to make the sling brackets. I still need to get that going as I am out of leather blanks at the moment. Just PM guys if you need any info or want to ask me a question. I appreciate it.

Eric

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Would be nice to see price list,color option's,warranty,mailing option's,payment method and how long it takes to build them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
shoot if i had the money id order one from ya

·
Bloody Arrow = Happiness!
5,473 Posts
slings look good. Wife needs one. I am going to show them to her and if she likes them I will PM you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts