Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With opening day on a Thursday this year I am trying to do all that I can to get off work and be able to go hunt, but I still don't know if it is going to work out or not. How many of you guys are going to be lucky enough to be out next Thursday for opening morning and where are you hunting?

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Unless I am dead I will be out there. Well actually I am hoping 1 of the jobs I bid does not want their jobs to start on a Thursday! Thats 1 great thing about being self-employed, scheduling conflicts. ;)

·
Do say when...
1,736 Posts
In Iowa it starts the 1st of october, and I will be in the woods. But, i decided that is was a lil too far away so I'm goin to South Dakota this weekend cuz it opens the 26th. thought what the heck y not get some S.D. doe practice before Ia opens....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
24,954 Posts
im hunting the NY opener. who doesnt? im going no matter what

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saturday is as soon as I can make it. I hope everyone posts photos of their deer!
Yeah I think that starting opening day we need to start an Arkansas success thread where everybody can post their pics for this season.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
That sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Yeah baby! I am taking off Thursday and Friday depending on weather. Work for myself...I do what I want!

Lets make an AR opener thread to track success.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I couldn't stand it anymore, made the plans and I am going up to one of our farms to bowhunt all this weekend up in Missouri. I guess that makes up for not being able to go out next Thursday.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll be out on that Thursday and hopefully I'll be posting pics that afternoon! I'm not gonna be picky, does are fair game! Plus, I'd rather satisfy my blood lust early...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I can guarantee you that if a big fat doe walks out this weekend up in Missouri that I am letting one fly. Gotta take advantage any time that you can put meat in the freezer early in the season.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got laid off Tuesday morning, I'll be hunting opening day and several more after that

·
Registered
460 Posts
looking forward to the 1st. will be in stand b4 daylight and stay till blood is drawn or the sunsets. should be home in time for a late breakfast.lol(fingers crossed)

·
Registered
34 Posts
will be out friday and saturday and i can't wait!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts