Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all seen them on sale at Wally World after the season ends. The hoarder in me couldn't say no even though Im not sure I would even use it lol.

So who's made their own scrape with it and scored?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I used to run one every now and then with a camera keeping an eye on it. Can't say I ever got a mature buck coming in. Lots of 1.5 year olds it seemed. Haven't tried it again in years. Tried buck and die urine over the years at various times.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Every time I put one out, I've notried had a deer return to that scrape. I've used them on existing scrapes

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have tried them over the last couple seasons. Have had many does check the mock scrapes and a couple young bucks. Never have had one work the scrape or had a mature buck come in

·
That's a bear track!
28,860 Posts
The only thing I've ever killed under a dripper was a formerly active scrape. I've had better luck peeing in them.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Gotten mature several bucks hitting them at night, never killed one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
I tried this year for the first time to start a scrape from scratch with a dripper. It worked pretty well.

It took only a couple days for the first deer to start hitting it, and although slow at first , it was getting hit multiple times/day by late oct. The one thing that did make me question a little was that a ton of different deer were hitting it, but the only two shooters I saw on this cam were in the background walking away, and never actually hitting it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
IMHO theres no better way to kill an active scape than to use one of these commercial urine deer scents in them. Deer communicate through glandular secretions, therefoe using a glnd scent is the way to go. I use smokeys pre orbital on the overhanging branch and thats all thats needed to get the deer visiting it. Once they do, their scent will take over. If you must put urine in it then piss in it like another guy said.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My Brittany is wild about them. I'm starting to think she watches the video hunts at night while the family sleeps.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bears, dogs and dinks seems to sum up the responses so far.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Tinks scent dripper above him and scent drag tied on branch with Tinks 69....Only ever came at night to check tho and since then just started using my own urine in mock scrapes with same success but alot cheaper...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Different spot just a little guy Tinks mini bomb above and my urine in scrape...

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
The only thing I've ever killed under a dripper was a formerly active scrape. I've had better luck peeing in them.
This!!
I made a scrape and peed in it and had 6 bucks on it that night (on trail cam)
Set up scrape dripper the next week and only had 1.5 year olds coming in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts