Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rolled around on my last post for not using a particular piece of equipment...and some said I would NEVER be in their class. So who is the man? Who do you find to be the best archer? I would like to know what accuracy these "pros" are shooting. How big is the groups that win these competition? What range do they shoot.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Hit a nickel at 18 meters on 115 out of 120 shots. That's for indoor FITA. World Archery Festival, figure hitting a quarter 90 out of 90 shots at 20 yards. Outdoor FITA is shot out to 90m, but figure you are shooting at a pie plate. No problem, Piece of cake! ;) Good Luck and Safe Shootin'.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
qkdraw,Havent read your posts,dont know anything about your shooting abilities.Dave Cousins is considered to be the best by many.here is a brief list of his accomplishments
25 time national champion
5 time world champion
17 world records
9 fita world championship medals(2 gold,3 silver,1 bronze)
ranked #1 in the USA 1998-2002
ranked #1 in the world 1998-2001
past Las Vegas champion
first archer in the USA to break 1400+ fita
only archer to shoot back to back 1400+ fita

You ask what accuracy do they shoot? pinpoint :D
What range do they shoot? 30,50,70,and 90 meters .They shoot at little itty bitty tiny winy Xs.
Are you close to that?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I do not shoot that well. I must say to hit a quarter with that consistency it need be taped to the field tip. I just hunt and practice some out of season. I am not dedicated enough to produce those results. What is the poundage used at these events? Are there any films of these competitions?

·
74,535 Posts
Chance Beaubeouf

Certainly was the top money winner last year in archery as far as pros go. Many of the top pros only shoot cash paid events.

I Nfaa five spot target they shoot nothing but x,s ever shot. Perfect is all it takes to win. X ring about the size of quarter at 20 yrds.

If you ever get the chance to see the pros shoot, I highly recommend it.

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
347 out of 360 by Clint Freeman is the best ever example of shooting accuracy in my book. 1998 and 5 years on still no one has beaten it....yet.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Definatly Roger Hoyle. He is currently known as the most accurate man in the world!!!!! he shot a 1010 or something outdoors. thats great shooting!
next in line would be George Ryals IV and Jim Despart. I am not sure who i would put second, Jim or George. I am not sure how Dave Cousins shoots, never heard of any of his shooting really. But I know he is really good. :)
basicly, anyone who is a pro is going to be really good. :)

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Little Doubt who is the Best Today

For consistant pin point accuracy indoors and out, it has to be Dave Cousins. No one has the cumulative record over the last five years that he has. He may be the greatest outdoor shooter ever. He is only 26 years old and at the rate he is going could establish a track record that will be unmatched for decades. He has won every major event both nationally and internationally and most of them more than once. He is always the one to beat in any FITA compound event and wins more often than anyone.
He has shot more 1400+ Fita scores than all of the other 1400+ shooters combined. The last time I shot a field round with him, he shot a 559 out of 560. No one has ever shot a 560/560 Field round. Amazing to watch.
Jbird

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
dude, 90 metres on a 122cm face. It's the current World Record for the longest distance shot. The centre is 12.2cm in diameter.
Approx the same as out to the inner 4 circle on a NFAA indoor face. So take the inner 4 ring, put that at 101 yards and then fire 36 shots at it. If you can keep 4 out of 6 shots in there during the pressure of competition then you have an idea of the shooting involved with this record.

JBird, do you have a list of how many 1400's have been shot by each archer around the world? Not doubting, just would love to see, perhaps each archer's name, their best score and how many 1400's listed. In my book that would be a list of the best archers in the world.

·
Registered
300 Posts
the best archer for me is Dejan Sitar! in 2001 he become world champion and he has several world records....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My vote goes to GRIV (maybe if I suck up he'll show me the new bows early :D :D )

For Recurve I would have to say Byron Ferguson, man can he shoot!

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Interesting Question

Marcus,
I bet GT could tell us who has shot 1400+ scores, where, and how many. I agree, I would consider these archers the cream of the cream. Anyone who has not tried their hand at FITA can't appreaciate why we consider this the ultimate test of an archer's ability.
Jbird

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Dave Cousins gets my vote.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yup i have to say DAVE to i seen him shoot :D

runaways DEADXs

1 - 20 of 59 Posts