Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was real close to pulling the trigger on a couple campark cameras. Most of them unfortunately called for a micro-sd card and I've got piles of regular SD cards. I ended up buying some of the big brand ones on sale on camofire and midwayusa instead. Camofire has a bunch on sale again today.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was real close to pulling the trigger on a couple campark cameras. Most of them unfortunately called for a micro-sd card and I've got piles of regular SD cards. I ended up buying some of the big brand ones on sale on camofire and midwayusa instead. Camofire has a bunch on sale again today.
Yes. I am a little more comfortable with the name brand stuff. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yes. I am a little more comfortable with the name brand stuff. Any recommendations?
Midway USA had the browning strike force gen 5 at 100 a piece. Camofire has a decent bundle with batteries and SD card on the spypoint force 12 for $65. I’ve had decent luck with the spypoint force 11D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I am using several Toguard $ 38 cams. Totally impressed. Not a complaint one. Excellent pics. Photo making quality and clarity. Had one out several months thru quite a few heavy storms so far, not one complaint. Very sensitive trigger- had to set it on Low. Now it is very Low Glow, not Blackout. I have other cams for Blackout needs. This Toguard is also the 1st cam i have ever seen that can record Audio at a programmed time frame. Perfect to find out if any Turkeys gobbled all week in your spots. Just set it to record Audio just before daylight till about 45 minutes later.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My other recommendation is the Covert MP 8, or higher . Very good video. Pics a little slow on recovery for 2nd pic.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am using several Toguard $ 38 cams. Totally impressed. Not a complaint one. Excellent pics. Photo making quality and clarity. Had one out several months thru quite a few heavy storms so far, not one complaint. Very sensitive trigger- had to set it on Low. Now it is very Low Glow, not Blackout. I have other cams for Blackout needs. This Toguard is also the 1st cam i have ever seen that can record Audio at a programmed time frame. Perfect to find out if any Turkeys gobbled all week in your spots. Just set it to record Audio just before daylight till about 45 minutes later.
Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.com/TOGUARD-Wate...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Following. Intrigued by these. Curious to see if there is a difference in big name Chinese junk or no name Chinese junk.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
My cheap $40 camera I purchased at Menards is my best camera right now. I bought a bunch from camofire, all junk.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
amazon cams are complete junk, i tried several and all got returned. they didn't work, couldn't tell when they were one, wouldn't take pictures, drained batteries, you name it, it happened. Stay away, stick with browning and be happy.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
A friend gave me one 2 years ago. The Format was not a Common one had to search out a way to view them as my Hp & Lenovo did not like the format! As for video quality was much less as compared to my couple of Browning Spec Ops and Stealth DS4K. It is a Blusmart. If it had any issues where does one send it to if it is over the return period to amazon? And how long does it take to get a Replacement and how long does Amazon allow one to return one? As with the known brand names they have a propmt replace policy if you were to need that, though some are better than others some only send out a "refurbished unit" while others send out a New One. The only issue is you lose the use of a Cam when it is in for replacement and they don't extend your warranty for time loss so you have to find and know it is a decent cam unfront & will last well past the warranty of one or even 2 years that some offer. Where as Most of these Amazon are cheap and most throwaway. As once you find a good quality pics or video you will realize how good the images are over these low end cams. I want something that has no issues within the first 2 or 3 years as none I have had in the last 4 years have som far but I have only had the DS4K and DS4K Max one for 10 months the other 3 months and so far have good color, good sensoring, good battery life and no false triggers so far. The Browning are as good as to these features. I'll stick with these spent a lot on Coverts and Moultries plus the 4 sending majority of them in and getting a new one with a new or the same problem just to learn that they won't get any more of my money. And since I am good with Browning Spec Ops and Stealth DS4K's as they have worked best for my Video needs... Even the Stealth G45NG is a decent cam but not high video Resolution as the Spec Ops or DS4K's have...
Use what you think is the best cam for you I found the ones that do for me and going on 4 years with some Spec Ops is all I can say is long and better than any Uway, Covert or Moultrie I have used...
LFM

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You don’t need to always strap them to a tree. You can buy 1/4-20 threaded rods and stick them in palmettos, bushes, etc.
People look for them on trees.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts