Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
I love my slim limbs. I have shot all kinda arrows of different weight and all and it was even dry fired once by the guy at the shop and no damage at all.

· Registered
796 Posts
I think the drenalin is the most impressive Mathews I've ever shot. I like the slim limbs if for no other reason than they are light. The dren is the first Mathews that ever had me considering buying one.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
No clue as I don't own one, and havn't shot one much, but a thinner limb design is rather backwards. The wider the limbs the more resistance to torque from the cams (I hope this is making sense), and therefore less cam lean.

· Registered
895 Posts
No clue as I don't own one, and havn't shot one much, but a thinner limb design is rather backwards. The wider the limbs the more resistance to torque from the cams (I hope this is making sense), and therefore less cam lean.
Makes perfect sense to me. I dont have anything against the slim limbs but I just dont see the purpose. It wont be a selling point for me if I buy a mathews. You gotta admit they look pretty cool though.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
if i wanted a mathews, little toothpick limbs wouldnt make a difference in my decision. that said, i wouldnt pay for a dxt or drenelin when the s2 is selling for 100-150$ less when the only thing i DONT get is micro limbs. the "inovation" makes no sense. mathews build a TREMENDOUS bow, one of the best in every way, but i dont think slimlimbs are what mathew is trying to make them - the main marketing point. way over hyped if you ask me...

· Registered
12,612 Posts
What is it every one don't like about the dren and DXT limbs/thin limbs?:confused:
Because they don't make the bow shoot 350 fps or faster . . . apparently that is the only acceptable form of "innovation".

· Classifieds Administrator
39,729 Posts
Nothing wrong with the design or concept. Saves weight and in the end makes for a lighter bow.

· Registered
841 Posts
What cam lean?

The limbs are thinner & laminated....fewer limb failures than in the past..

Good design!

· Team #28
5,839 Posts
Yep, no complaints here. I like the lighter overall weight of my Drenalin for hunting. I have had absolutely no problems with my '07 Drenalin. And in the rare case that I do, Mathews will take care of me....

As for the cam lean issue, I have no cam lean on my Drenalin.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Cam lean is a bigger problem with thin wide limbs. It is much easier to twist something wide and thin than it is something narrow and thick.

People need to justify reasons they didn't buy the best. People can make up all manner of things to justify their behavior and and then truly convince themselves they are correct. There is a whole branch of studies related to this subject. :)

Sometimes people don't want to spend the money or simply cannot. Sometimes people need to satisfy urges quickly. Sometimes people just make poor choices. As they become more aware of these they tend to try and convince themselves they were correct and did the right thing.

· Registered
673 Posts
Slimmer limbs weigh less, which means more of the stored energy can be used to accelerate the arrow instead of moving the limbs - while not the fastest, the Drenalin was rated as the most efficient (i.e. what percentage of the stored energy translates into arrow speed) bow in last year's bow face off.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ For the SINGLE CAM, I think that is more what it is about !

BUT

Every person needs to find the bow that fits them, and if it's a Matthews, that's great because it works out for them, but I finally, and it took me about three years, was convinced that I was paying too much $$$$$$ for just a single cam.

It's just like any other bow, it is either a great bow and it works out for you, or it doesn't !

But if it doesn't, that doesn't make it a bad product, just different !

DeerSpotter

· Registered
5 Posts
Before I had purchased my Drenalin, I tried many bows and I chose what I liked the best because it suited me and me alone. The important thing about shooting bows is getting out and shooting them with a common bond in mind as bow shooters. We each have our own preferance for one reason or another.

If I can purchase another bow here pretty soon, it will still be a Mathews.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.