1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,326 Posts
lol
good thing cause i got an inharadence comeing

· Registered
754 Posts
Reduce server load

I assume its to reduce the load on the servers. Searching is one of the most server intensive things you can do, especially when the search has to run on the huge number of posts generated on AT. Simply put, increasing the time between searches reduces the number of searches and frees up server resources so there is less slowness and downtime.

Its not fixed, but I have noticed that its running better since the 120 was implemented. I wouldn't mind if it was 5 minutes myself if it made the site work better. Its not like you don't have plenty to read while you are waiting :D.

· has been that never was
14,362 Posts
Do I sense some ENVY? :greenwithenvy: LOL! Really Why?
No envy.. I've learned the art of self control. I haven't bought a new bow in almost a month. :wink: Easy to do when you spend all your $$ on tuition..

Honestly though, the engine behind the vbulletin search is bad.. scratch that... it's horrible. Allowing it to run more frequently just degrades performance even more than it already is.

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
I assume its to reduce the load on the servers. Searching is one of the most server intensive things you can do, especially when the search has to run on the huge number of posts generated on AT. Simply put, increasing the time between searches reduces the number of searches and frees up server resources so there is less slowness and downtime.

Its not fixed, but I have noticed that its running better since the 120 was implemented. I wouldn't mind if it was 5 minutes myself if it made the site work better. Its not like you don't have plenty to read while you are waiting :D.
Bingo.. :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.