Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, i hear alot of folks talk about how elite has a monopoly on smooth draw cycle, i shot the new elite hunter and pulse the other day, and neither bow made me wanna give up my black ice flx, i feel my black ice flx is smoother than both, especially the hunter since its more comparable, maybe its just me, what yall think, i just dont think elite is all its cracked up to be, didnt feel better than my anarchy either.

·
#teamPSE
5,566 Posts
Are you talking smoothness or stiffness? IMO smoothness means a flat draw curve without any humps or dumps. Stiffness is hard to describe. I had a black ice and it was smooth but I love my Elite draw cycles. I will grant you that they are stiffer than the black ice. Elites build up faster and dont leave you at peak weight as long.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The elites seem to shoot great for me very forgiving bows .my indoor scores have never been as consistent as they were this year since I switched to elite .

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,523 Posts
Plenty of bows with draws every bit as smooth as Elite. Some people like the huge valley - some think it's too big - sloppy if you will - and can lead to lazy form and shot execution.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,705 Posts
I have shot the same bow as you have and I consider any Elite to be the better drawing bow that has the best valley and let off on the planet. The locked in feeling when the cams breaks over is like no other.

I'm not putting down your bow at all. But I have owned 5 or 6 different Elites and all were flat awesome on the draw. Not to mention the machine work and finish is top dawg in the industry.

FWIW, I no longer own an Elite.

Skeet.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
They are a great product I think.Im not saying their hands and feet above others but for me they work great.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I think is easy to confuse what a person is used to as a smoother draw. At the beginning I felt that my Carbon Element was smoother than my Elite Answer when I first shot it. I'd been shooting the CE for 2 years and had upgraded to the 2013 G3 which was smoother than the 2011 CE. After shooting both bows for a few months its become clear that the Answer is the smoother drawing of the two. The G3 is very very nice, but, the Answer is smoother for sure...........

·
Registered
57 Posts
The bows you mentioned are both single cam bows. IMO single cam bows seem to draw smoother and easier than just about any dual cam. The hype behind Elites come from the CRAZY amount of creep and locked up feeling at full draw. They feel as if u can let your arm go limp, fall asleep, wake up and still be at full draw. Not for everyone as it can lead to sloppy form, but to me the advantage of being able to hold at full draw on an animal with ease out weighs this. I'm not a target guy though, hunting is my passion and Elite makes one heck of a hunting bow.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
personal pref...they are great bows, great perform. great finish, great cs...but for me, i dont care for the way they shoot. the draw on the 2013 hunter i shot at 60 lbs, felt harder than my 72.8lb draw vector 32...i dont care for the draw. i love how they hold, and the locked in feeling...love it. but i dont care for the draw cycle or the thump at the shot. i think to some, there is not a better bow on the planet, period...same with mathews for some, bowtech for some, hoyt for some(me), and so on. i like hoyt and bowtech the best...totoally different bows, but the best in my opinion....would not take a pse if someone gave it to me and i had to shoot it...wouldnt own one. just my opinion, some guys would own nothing but pse...just different bows fit different people....good thing we have so many great companies to choose from!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts