Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are broadheads so expensive? I bought a pack of NAP Spitfires and they say you are supposed to change the blades every time you kill something with the arrow. New blades are $22 bucks for a 3 pack.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
If the blades are not bent or broken simply sharpen them & continue hunting.

·
Registered
974 Posts
supply and demand

·
Born To Hunt
6,125 Posts
$$$$

Get a KME broadhead sharpener and they wont be so expensive. kmesharp.com watch the video

·
Registered
478 Posts
Buy Magnus and have a lifetime warranty.:thumbs_up

oh yeah, a sharpener too.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Me

That is why I love G5. Iputamontec through threeor four deer last year.Resharpend itand spin tested itevery time. They fly great and are a TON cheaper in the long run.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,664 Posts
I suppose it's like some others have said. Because we will pay it. With that said, some are just getting way out of line with their prices. I'm not worth a flip at sharpening blades but I am going to stick with it until I learn. I can pretty much see now what it's going to be in the future.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Shoot Zwickeys.

6 pack = $22.00.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Because some one running a 200,000 Dollar cnc machine makes more than min. wage. Advertizing isn't cheap either & the company needs a profit also.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Because some one running a 200,000 Dollar cnc machine makes more than min. wage. Advertizing isn't cheap either & the company needs a profit also.
which is problably over paid it does not take a rocket scientist to punch numbers in,then take some measurements after ther first on comes out,,j/k,,,,,because we as americans are spoiled and we will pay for what we want,,,,,,,,and the way things work ,you get what you pay for theory which in most cases are a joke.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Advertizing isn't cheap .

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Well, $22 for a 3pk sounds like a good price compared to some of those that cost $39/3pk.

Then you have to figure the mfg, shipping, packaging, patent, advertising and all other expenses in. Then you have about 2-3 months of demand to make an entire years profit with lots of guys using this years heads for many years to come.

$7 a broadhead sounds pretty good to me and a lot better than going to my creek and finding the flint to make my own:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts