Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone fill me in on why everybody is all of a sudden going crazy over Magnus broadheads?? I have shot them for a good while out of all my traditional bows and they are one of my favorite heads. Has COVID slowed down production and they are hard to get or has a so called important celebrity shooting them so everybody else has to as well?? I can’t find none nowhere. I just seen a pack of 100 grain 4-blade stingers sell for almost $55 on eBay the other day so can someone help me out. I’m kind of a Kermit and don’t have any social media at all so this is kind of mine, thanks

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
3,843 Posts
i was turned on to them watching Average Jack Archery. He told about how sharp they were out of the package and i feel like he is pretty objective on his information so it felt trustworthy

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's related to the supply issues that most of the industries in the country are facing in some way, shape or form. Magnus makes great heads and i think a lot of people know that but in regards to being hard to come by, it's supply shortages.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check out kudu board heads there single bevel same warranty soild one pice construction and great customer service

·
Registered
398 Posts
Supply and more popular. I myself switched to them this year and love them. I saw the impending issues back at the beginning of the year and just bought everything in 1 swoop back in february.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,790 Posts
Nobody is going crazy over them. Supply chain issues are likely to blame. As mentioned, you can’t find Exodus heads anywhere and haven’t been able to for quite a while. Heck, you can’t even find replacement blades.

Fortunately I’m shooting TOTA for fixed heads this year and not only are they available, they are resharpenable andvery tough.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Nobody is going crazy over them. Supply chain issues are likely to blame. As mentioned, you can’t find Exodus heads anywhere and haven’t been able to for quite a while. Heck, you can’t even find replacement blades.

Fortunately I’m shooting TOTA for fixed heads this year and not only are they available, they are resharpenable andvery tough.
Me too Tooth Of Arrow is way too go...

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Can anyone fill me in on why everybody is all of a sudden going crazy over Magnus broadheads?? I have shot them for a good while out of all my traditional bows and they are one of my favorite heads. Has COVID slowed down production and they are hard to get or has a so called important celebrity shooting them so everybody else has to as well?? I can’t find none nowhere. I just seen a pack of 100 grain 4-blade stingers sell for almost $55 on eBay the other day so can someone help me out. I’m kind of a Kermit and don’t have any social media at all so this is kind of mine, thanks
Yep. Manufacturing slow downs, low supply and probably just the usual demand, are why they're so hard to find, compared to normal. Not long ago, it was easy to find a 3-pack for $35 or less, shipped. A lot of online stores, though, have always overpriced them. I think you could be seeing those now, because they're the last to sell out. I like Stingers a lot, so I've bought them for great prices, over the past few years, whenever I saw a good bargain. They're mostly a single use broadhead, for me, so I have my personal stash well stocked.

You could probably order directly from Magnus for less $ than Amazon or EBAY has them listed for right now, but you'd probably have to wait a while before they shipped.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Supply and demand. I work in manufacturing. We normally are 2-6 weeks out on product when people order and dealers programmed orders usually ship within 2-5 days from programmed ship date. Right now we are 6 months out on regular orders and about a month behind on programmed orders. We have been lucky and have not had much for vendor or material issues yet and we have made some pretty big changes in the last 4 years to our machine shop capabilities. We are shipping 20-35% more product than we did last year and last year we shipped probably 20% more than the previous year. Every single year has been record sales/shipped years for the last 4 years. Even with huge increases in our production we are still way way way behind due to increased demand. We could be making even more if we had a few more people but as others have mentioned it is really hard to find help none the less good help.

·
Genesis 21:20
24,295 Posts
All the sudden? I guess I didn't notice. I've used them since I first saw their display at the Texas Traditional Bowhunters 3D shoot in Jacksonville, TX around 1991 or so. They were just getting started then. I've killed I don't know how many critters now with Magnus heads, and I stalk FeeBay and other places searching for their original "Journeyman" glue-on head, which I consider their best work ever. I'm down to 4 and it makes me nervous just shooting them now. LOL

Someday I'll try one of their new-fangled stainless heads. Maybe. :D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
They were short supply last year. Never caught up. Saving mine for special occasions. The Exodus and Drones are filling in fine for now.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Because Biden thinks everyone needs a check to do nothing when there’s more than enough work and jobs for everybody.

Virus be damned. Everybody needs to go back to work. Wait until it’s food in short supply.

Those stimulus checks and increased unemployment checks were the worst idea imaginable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There has been a surge in Cut-on-contact popularity. Magnus picked up a lot of promotion lately from THP, Ranch Fairy, Average Jack, etc. They are extremely high quality, great price, and great guarantee. I love these heads, especially the Hornets. I bought more for this year, but I did it back in April.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts