Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
<--- Finally!!
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Just a simple question. Why would you, or did you, pay extra for an item just because it has the BC label on it? Looks cool? Want to make the Wadells more money? Like the show? You'll shoot better? See more deer? Just 'cause?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Personally, I go out of my way not to buy things that are just a promotional sticker different than the stock version, but what do I know?

·
Registered
594 Posts
i like the black / camo personally.

·
Registered
836 Posts
color combo

I liked the black limbs on the camo riser, but the apex quiver was the only black one i liked. just happened to say bone collector on it. An I bought the bone collector qad because why not, only $10 difference. But most of all it's what I wanted!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wanted camo riser/black limbs on my alphaburner. That's custom shop or bone collector only. Dealer said about $100 for custom or $20 or $30 for bone collector. I opted for a standard color instead. I was tempted to do the bone collector but didn't figure it was worth the extra $.

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Have met Michael. Great guy to say the least.

But..... Not going to buy a product just because it's a BC item.

Selling wise...... Not a huge call for them as well. Needless to say some retailers are selling the heck out of BC items. That is great for them.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I don't really care for the whole Bone Collector thing. If I had a choice between a BC item and a non-BC item, I would probably get the non. Besides, when I hear Bone Collector all I can think about is that really gross movie of the same name. Kinda turns me off.

·
Registered
594 Posts
that was an awesome movie.

thing is they dont even use bone collector stuff in the show.

they use all fuse accessory's, instead of apex which has their logo on it.

idk.

i am wearing a BC t shirt right now though.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Bone collector is about ATTITUDE and a way of life. This is a show of no PC and all hunters are in a brotherhood of our own.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Bone collectors

I just drove home from shooting my BC Alphamax with BC sight, BC rest, BC quiver, I was shooting at the BC target, kinda wish I had my BC insulated knee boots tonight its kinda cold out, oh well, had my truck that has a BC sticker in the window, put on my BC base layer jammies, got in bed, and it has the new BC sheet set and comforter on it (no lie cabelas has em), and I'm gonna start up the DVR and watch old episodes of BC and daydream about getting in my BC Ameristep blind and hunting with my BC muzzleloader.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
it bonds a brother hood

·
Registered
594 Posts
if bc stands for bull crap then i agree.

jk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the design, colour combo and graphics, not to mention I'm a fan of the Brotherhood..Done..

·
Registered
112 Posts
hmm

could care less about name. if i like it i will get it but i ain't payen extra for the same product with a different name. i was looking at the apex quiver but i don't like the shiny carbon fiber look. don't wanna pay extra for something i would end up spray painting cause its to shiny:rock:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
If you don't like it don't buy it, If you like it buy it ,, who cares!!!
i don't buy things because of the logo, I buy it if it is what I am looking for and the price I want.

·
<--- Finally!!
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

Thanks for the input. I agree, if you like it buy it, if not, don't. I was just wondering what the logic or thought was behind it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
BC doesnt matter to me. colour doesnt matter to an extent. traded for the bow on here and thats what it happened to be. doesnt shoot any different. though i will admit it looks good!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
BC - Brotherhood

I cant explain it but I like the Brotherhood... I agree spending the extra money isnt for everybody but the way I look at is if I have a few BC Items on my bow and I pay a little extra for them its worth it to me because I feel Like Waddell, Mundt, Tbone and (Blake Shelton when he is on there show). Are some of those guys trying to use there fame to stand up against the Anti-Hunters and are trying to get more people into the outdoors so if I spend extra money to me its worth it.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The only Bone Collector item that I actually like is the Apex Gear Bone Collector sight. The staggered pin sizes is an awesome idea and to come as a factory option instead of a custom order is a nice touch.

Other than that, I do not see the advantages of the BC items over the stock versions other than looks and a logo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i bought the bc edition turbohawk this year it was only $30 more than the regular turbohawk and personally i liked the color combination on the bc better than the others

and o yeah by the way t-bone was the one that sold me the bow so i figured id get the bc one and have him sign it

also $50 rebate made up for the price difference

1 - 20 of 89 Posts