Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm getting good groups out of the arrows I have been shooting for the past several years -- Redhead Carbon Supremes with the standard vanes that come on them. Some of the fletchings are getting pretty tattered, however, so I'm thinking about refletching them in the next week or so. I've heard so much good talk about the Blazers I'm thinking about possibly switching to them. But I don't really have a good reason since the ones I am using seem to work fine. What benefit do you guys think I would see if I change to the Blazers? Any possible downside?

FYI, If it matters I'm shooting a PSE Stingray at 65 pounds with a Whisker Biscuit rest and Thunderhead 100 broadheads.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
497 Posts
if you spend a decent amount of money on vanes like blazers or quickspins, i would think about getting rid of the WB. you'll probably tear them up pretty fast, but i have heard very good things about blazers! Good Luck with everything! :wink:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
soloslayer said:
if you spend a decent amount of money on vanes like blazers or quickspins, i would think about getting rid of the WB. you'll probably tear them up pretty fast, but i have heard very good things about blazers! Good Luck with everything! :wink:
I shoot Blazers set a a right offset with the WB and have had NO problem with the veins getting torn up. I have put the 3 arrows that have field point thru the WB probably a hunderd times with no sign of wear.
I like the blazers and they fly greeat. I dont know about any advantage though. I have heard that your speed goes up a little but I can not confirm that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
blazers

i shoot blazers with heli no problem and they last longer then regualer vanes

·
Registered
403 Posts
I shoot Blazers through a whisker biscuit and have not problems. Dont know if it is my imagination but I swear my grouping are a little bit tighter since I switched to blazers

·
Registered
574 Posts
Regarding whether or not your speed increases with the Blazers, I don't know. Three fellow hunters and myself have switched to Blazers and while we did not notice any difference in overall shot placement with shots from 20-40 yards, we did see a difference in the shot trajectory beyond 40 yards. The blazers flew flatter than the standard fletchings that come with most arrows.

Tighter tolerances between pins when hunting in the desert is always a good thing.

·
Registered
636 Posts
DON'T shoot Blazers becasue everyone else loves them or becasue they make nice ads on Outdoor Channel. Shoot them if it improves your Front of Center ratios. Do the numbers and see if you need to lighten the load on the back of the arrow. If you really need to lighten it, use feathers.

If your bow is properly tuned you don't need the stabilization effects...so that is all bogus marketing hype. Blazers will make a lighter arrow and therefore a faster one. But my guess is your arrows are fast enough now. So I would not worry about that too much.

I am shooting feathers and three out of five arrows have lost 75 percent of the feathers. They still hit the marks. They fly straight because my bow is tuned. I will replace those feathers for cosmetic purposes...but it won't improve my accuracy one iota.

Nate

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree with stuckinthemud.

With that said. Hello neighbor!!! Come out and shoot with us at Sperry this Saturday. It's just a 3d fun shoot but the last one before season open.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stuckinthemud,
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

TireurDelite,
Can't make it but sure appreciate the invite. Gotta make all my daughter's soccer games I can before October gets here, because that's when I'm gonna start missing some Saturday family activities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts