Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Carter 2 shot (not camo), I really like the release alot, but the strap it came with $ucks, it likes to slip or move after you shot it a few times.(the strap piece between the head and the main buckle strap).I saw someone here used a safety pin on it so it wouldn't move,but why should you have to use that for, it should hold with out a safety pin , you would think with carter's quality it wouldn't do that.Called Carter and talked to Brenda Archibald, sales person, she said If I didn't like the strap it came with , you can buy a scott strap and that strap will not slip. It will only cost you $22.50 and $2.00 shipping. I really like the release so I guess I didn't have much choice, beings it's a great release. Just wish they would have put the right strap on in the first place.I really thought Carter was a better company then that. Oh well that's the way its made in America these days.I still really like there products.I have 4 Carters before this.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I know what you are saying.Same as putting crappy strings on a great bow.
It makes no sense to us consumers.We are paying a high dollar for a premium product after all.

·
Registered
662 Posts
After I heard the Scott strap suggestion, I ordered a Scott NCS buckle and put my Quickie 1 on it and I really like it. Scott = great strap.

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
Hmmm...I have a Carter 2 shot and love the strap system.

You do know you have to double back the webbing through the buckle, right?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think it fits the majority of people good enough or they are just willing to accept it. It took me well over a year before I finally spent the extra money to upgrade. I didn't think they sold the Scott's so I got the one they offer with a magnets and I must say it is really nice. Before that I switched it with my Tru ball SNS strap. Carter's customer service when I e mailed and called was top notch!

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I ended up using the strap from my Fletcher Flathead release, the Carter strap is horrible and cumbersome for hunting situations.
Until I saw this thread I had forgot that I had to change it out to get things to be comfortable for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts