Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had yet another camera stolen. It was python cabled to the tree but the latches would open to get the card and batteries. WHY would someone take the camera when they could see it was password protected? Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm.

· Registered
1,367 Posts
or they sell it on craigslist to an unsuspecting buyer who doesn't know any better. Thieves are worthless and there is no reasonable thought process to explain their actions

· Registered
7,798 Posts
Don't know what kind of camera you have, but I would imagine pretty much any model is going to have a way to factory default the camera. They would then be able to use it

· UnBannable
8,204 Posts
I see 3 likely reasons:

-trespassing and afraid of being identified
-anti's see a trail cam and think they are striking a blow against the evil hunters and saving the life of an innocent forest animal
-steal to re-sell

Though twice I thought I had a camera stolen it turned out to be a bear. Bears seem to be drawn to trail cams.

· Registered
203 Posts
There's a lot of jerks in the world and some of them hunt.
we live about 40 mins from our 200 acre strictly deer & turkey managed farm we owned it for 6 years and we have had 2 trophy rocks (lol i know seriously) 2 deer cams and a blind stolen plus our generator to our cabin which we got back.....but it a [email protected]!! shame the way the world is today

· Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,321 Posts
The same reason that they make password protected trail cameras.

Because people steal stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.