Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum religiously, and can't help but notice that Bear isn't mentioned nearly as much as Mathew's, PSE, Bowtech, Elite.

I was wondering why? Does Bear have a bad rep?

·
Registered
676 Posts
For some reason Bear is known as entry level "cheap" bows. I think they are just as good as any other! I love my Arena 34, and it shoots just as good as anything comparable of any other brand!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
If have to agree. Bear had some rough years that they are recovering their reputation from, but they are known for entry level bows and that isn’t by total accident. Part of what Bear sells towards is first time bow owners and affordable RTH packages which I like about the brand because there should be a company focused on getting new hunters out in the woods or shops shooting bows. The Hunting Public just partnered up with Bear for that reason. Personally, I shoot a Kuma 33 and it shoots lights out and I haven’t seen anything else around they would make me want to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My buddy used to shoot a Bear Kuma. Great bow and he would often beat me at 3D shoots with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Bear makes good bows. IMO their mid level bows are their best products. I had a 2013 single cam Legion that the fit and finish on was fantastic and it was light and shot well.

I now have a 2020 Status EKO flagship level from Bear and it shoots well and is accurate, but it just isn’t at the same level of refinement and fit/finish as flagship Bowtech, PSE, Prime, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bear makes good bows. IMO their mid level bows are their best products. I had a 2013 single cam Legion that the fit and finish on was fantastic and it was light and shot well.

I now have a 2020 Status EKO flagship level from Bear and it shoots well and is accurate, but it just isn’t at the same level of refinement and fit/finish as flagship Bowtech, PSE, Prime, etc.
How do you like the status? There's one on the classifieds for cheap.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
How do you like the status? There's one on the classifieds for cheap.
Is it mine?

It’s a good bow, fast and accurate, super adjustable, maybe a tad heavy, and some of the machining on the inside of the cutouts is a little rough. I found that I prefer a little shorter bow for my hunting style.

Just threw down this 35 yard group testing my latest arrow build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Someone doesn't take care of their strings..

Is it mine?

It’s a good bow, fast and accurate, super adjustable, maybe a tad heavy, and some of the machining on the inside of the cutouts is a little rough. I found that I prefer a little shorter bow for my hunting style.

Just threw down this 35 yard group testing my latest arrow build.
View attachment 7333076

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Someone doesn't take care of their strings..
Thanks for pointing that out. I just finished up late season a couple weeks ago and hadn’t really shot it since then. I’ve read about how bad it is to over-wax strings so I try not to very often. Just waxed them now. Looking pretty again.

·
Registered
95 Posts

I would have to totally disagree with the ladder part of that statement. My hunting buddies all shoot flagships from other companies, including some you mentioned. Not a one of them is any nicer than the status.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I would have to totally disagree with the ladder part of that statement. My hunting buddies all shoot flagships from other companies, including some you mentioned. Not a one of them is any nicer than the status.

YMMV. IMO Prime and Bowtech finishes are much nicer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do any professional target archers shoot Bear archery bows? Legit question, I don't follow the sport very closely. If not that might be a reason why.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bear did tend to be a entry level bow for most. It dates back to their " Become a 2 Season Hunter " Campaign of the 80's.

Bear seems to be upping their advertising some and are sponsoring some Big Name You Tube Hunters as of late.

·
Registered
Elite Valor 70# ,Sword single pin, Element arrows, 20 percent Foc
363 Posts
Last bow was a bear motive 6 I wanted to
Buy another so bad but just couldn’t get over the grip and the weight of them ended up with an elite Valor this time fit and finish it’s even close to elite but did dig the old school Fred bear camo pattern I’ll shoot one in the future if they’re can get the weight down

1 - 20 of 74 Posts