Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on several guided hunts for bear, whitetail, elk and mule deer. Some good, some terrible but i still really enjoy going to different places with the hopes of scoring a big boy! Recently tho i have been looking for a good place to go for archery whitetail. my buddy and I have looked into several places, checking reviews in different places and checking references. Over the last 2 months we have attempted to contact 3 different outfitters and cant even get a reply from 2 of them and we recieved one text message from the 3rd place and when we replied back to him with a phone call he didn't answer so we left a message and have never heard back from him. has anyone else had this problem? When i call i leave a very friendly message with my name and phone number at the start and finish of the message but nothin!! if anyone has a good archery outfitter they would recommend i am all ears. thanks

·
Vendor
24,630 Posts
If you are looking for a comfortable stay, good food and great deer, I highly recommend Jim Call http://www.callofthewildoutfitters.com/. He has many properties in Stafford Ks area. Low local population, little pressure, Great food sources and pigs for deer.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
If they can't even contact you back, it's a sign that you don't even wanna be there in the first place.

Do tons of research, contact a couple and check their references. Then go from there.

Too many fly by night outfitters in the business anymore that don't give a hoot how your hunt goes, as long as they get their $$.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they can't even contact you back, it's a sign that you don't even wanna be there in the first place.

Do tons of research, contact a couple and check their references. Then go from there.

Too many fly by night outfitters in the business anymore that don't give a hoot how your hunt goes, as long as they get their $$.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
exactly my thoughts. they have been removed from our list.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
if they can't even contact you back, it's a sign that you don't even wanna be there in the first place.

Sent from my htc one using tapatalk
x2!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Brandon will take care pf you. Plus he sends trail cam pics through out the summer.
swainfarmsoutfitting.com

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've whitetail hunted Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Alabama,Wisconsin, Tennessee,Texas to name a few. Kansas by far averages the biggest whitetail I've seen. Just a long way to drive.:wink:
Kansas is our #1 state we want to check off the list. Illinois was first and we did that twice and things didn't pan out too well but was good experience anyway. Now we are focused on making it to Kansas in the next year or two but we wouldn't overlook any state if the huntin is good. happy holidays!!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I'm from Southern Illinois. Deer population and nice bucks have really suffered here due to disease and too many gun seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hard to say, but I noticed that nobody had mentioned the time of year. If they are good, I imagine that they would be pretty busy/booked during hunting season?

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
Hard to say, but I noticed that nobody had mentioned the time of year. If they are good, I imagine that they would be pretty busy/booked during hunting season?
not an excuse to not return any kind of correspondence. I purposely send a email or make a call during the busy hunting season to any outfitter that I am looking at. It is a test. If they are worth your money they will get back to you in a timely manor. I don't take a lot of their time I just like to get a idea of who I am dealing with. You can usually tell pretty quick if you want to continue your research.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Top notch outfits return your calls/emails ASAP....that's any type of business that's selling something. I've been in sales a long time, and sometimes the person who wins is simply the person who returns a call the fastest.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i thought about that which is why i didn't let it bother me until a week had passed, it has now been almost 2 months for one and 5 weeks for another. I understand that people are busy and they are working and the holidays but i don't think a 5/10 minute call is asking too much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts