Archery Talk Forum banner

Why don't somone make a ATV tree stand.

2328 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  b0w_bender
It looks like to me someone would come up with a tree stand that would be attached to the rear of an ATV, you could back up to a tree let the legs down to brace it and then sit in a motorized lift or chair that would telescope you up about 20 to 30 ft. You could drape cam netting over the ATV. A small motor would let you up and down. It would be a whole lot safer than whats out there now.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

32,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep until you a had a motor malfunction then youd prolly be screwed
LOL....that would be a problem. You would have a small horn attached in that case and you could honk on the horn till somebody came with a ladder. Maybe it would come with an emergency rope ladder attached.

· Registered
28 Posts
I have seen something of this nature before, it was on one of the hunting shows on tv. It was basically a scissor lift that could be pulled by atv in and out and you could get camo netting and the whole nine yards. Dont remeber the name however.

· Registered
749 Posts
I don't know about other states, but in Illinois, that would probably fall under "hunting from a motorized vehicle" which is not allowed except in certain situations for handicapped hunters.

32,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well, it was just a thought! Seems like something that would work and easy and safe for hunters!

· Registered
1,546 Posts
I had a buddy probably 20 years ago build one.It was a tripod that one person could tilt up and anchor and drive out from under.It was about 10/12 feet high and was no more than a tripod.It was carried on supports built on to the racks that resembled a ladder rack on a truck.

· Registered
5,144 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.