Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always looking at bows, brand means nothing to me. I would love a speed bow, that fits a 31 1/2" draw like a Full Throttle or something like that. I had a DNA, but the 30" draw just wasn't very comfortable for me, I loved the accuracy and speed. I know you can change strings and modify a bow to get a longer draw, but I'm talking stock off the shelf. A FT @ 31.5" would be a fast creature and PSE would have some really serious speed. Is it a reliability issue, or lack of potential sales due to demand. I realize lefties and long draw guys are about in the same boat, but it would sure be fun! Cheers--BB

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,112 Posts
It's just economics......

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Mr6 from Mathews... I shot it at 31.5 and it was screaming fast... I think the shorter brace becomes tough to keep the stirng off your arm on the longer draw lengths. With the [email protected] ibo would be in the mid 360s...

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Bear Motive 7 or Agenda 7 will get you to 31.5" @ 350 fps.

·
--------------
1,824 Posts
It's just economics......
^ ^ ^ ^

tons of people with around 28" draw but not so many above 30 (at least in reality).

Happily at long draws it is easy to make a frankenbow that will scream. just think a phenom riser with omen cams.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
You can pick up an mr6 for pretty cheap... You can always shoot an Obsession Phoenix at 31#72 and shoot a light arrow. Its pretty darn fast. 353 ibo @31

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Umm...at 31.5 just about anything you shoot is a speed bow. If the average draw length is 28", you are roughly 35fps faster with your draw.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
bear agenga mate, my best friend has a 32'' draw and shoots the agenda and is getting advertised speed with a certain grain arrow

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
bear agenga mate, my best friend has a 32'' draw and shoots the agenda and is getting advertised speed with a certain grain arrow
he should be getting well over advertised speed. the Agenda 7 IBO's at 340 fps @ 30" of draw length. if he has that bow at 32" of draw length he should be hitting well over the 350 fps mark. from everything i have read the slower Motives and Agenda's are hitting roughly 3 fps shy of their IBO. once the timing is set correctly they are hitting or slightly exceeding their IBO. hopefully i will have my Agenda 7 in hand here in the next week and a half to verify this.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
he should be getting well over advertised speed. the Agenda 7 IBO's at 340 fps @ 30" of draw length. if he has that bow at 32" of draw length he should be hitting well over the 350 fps mark. from everything i have read the slower Motives and Agenda's are hitting roughly 3 fps shy of their IBO. once the timing is set correctly they are hitting or slightly exceeding their IBO. hopefully i will have my Agenda 7 in hand here in the next week and a half to verify this.
yes we went to chronograph a week after he got it he was getting 349-358 fps consistently for an hour...i wish i had a long draw

·
Back Yard Champion
29,735 Posts
Just because a manufacture doesn't advertise such length doesn't mean they won't build you one. Call any of them. Amost a sure bet they'll make you one.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a little figuring on a bow speed calculator, a 370 IBO bow, set at 65#, and 5 gpp, 20 grains on string=376 FPS. My Charger is good for 320, not super tuned or anything, pure stock as it came. Just toying around with some prospects for 3-D shoots. Cheers-BB

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Bears sound intriguing , does it try to pull your shoulder off though? --BB

1 - 20 of 30 Posts