Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching videos on YouTube about the HHA speed dial and ran across a guy shooting the chaos by Camx. I had never seen or heard a single thing about this crossbow until after noticing it on the video and then researching.
Thinking about getting another Excalibur to tinker with but now this chaos has caught my eye. My only worry is buying it then the company goes out of business and I'm left with no kind of warranty or ability to get parts if needed. Sure does have me thinking tho....
Probably won't even get an response being it seems pretty dead on this Camx portion of the forum.

G

·
I don't own a Camx but they have a loyal following. Loyal in the sense that those who own their bows think highly of them. I've been following them on crossbow forums for at least a couple of years and it's very seldom anyone reports an issue of any kind. They're an interesting company in that the company was apparently started by people who worked at another company or companies, learned the trade, and then formed their own company. Al la Jim Kempf of Scorpyd fame. Stuck their necks out. And now manufacture an excellent machine (so I've heard).

I think the 325 fps Chaos may be the only bow they make. If I remember correctly they sell the bow with a set of spine tested and indexed and weight matched arrows. Along with a target into which they had shot the arrows. So the bow is set to go when you get it. Good arrows too.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
I had one and miss it. The bow itself looks ordinary but that all ends when you pick it up. handle grip right at the butt end. Rock solid feel and fit. Very accurate bow. I had one problem with the trigger and sent it in. David fix her up and threw some arrows in the box for me. TOP notch warranty. That bow is a work horse.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ordinary look is what caught my eye. Definitely gonna consider the Chaos before pulling the trigger on a Excalibur. Thanks guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Were all out in the woods :wink: As what was said above the Chaos is just a well thought out work horse. It doesn't feel or shoot like a cheap flea market gimmick. Once you hunt with one you just know that every aspect of its design came from a xbow hunter.

·
CWB
61 Posts
I was watching videos on YouTube about the HHA speed dial and ran across a guy shooting the chaos by Camx. I had never seen or heard a single thing about this crossbow until after noticing it on the video and then researching.
Thinking about getting another Excalibur to tinker with but now this chaos has caught my eye. My only worry is buying it then the company goes out of business and I'm left with no kind of warranty or ability to get parts if needed. Sure does have me thinking tho....
Probably won't even get an response being it seems pretty dead on this Camx portion of the forum.
I was thinking the same thing about Ravin crossbows. Need to do some more research on Camx.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have never seen a advertisement for this crossbow. I only know about them because I know the fella who just won the IBO xbow world championship with a Camx. I dont know if the crossbow had a lot to do with it. And I say this because this dude has mad skills at range estimation allready. He has been a IBO shooter of the year with a vertical bow. But that said they look like a really high quality crossbow option.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Got my Camx in...have to say "ordinary and old style" were my first impressions. HOWEVER after shooting it, this bow about fits me perfect! The Accuspines shoot flat out great out of this bow. The trigger is the best I've had since my Scorpyds. Draws super easy...That handle on the end in the stock is a dream. I put an EoTech 512 on it and had it dialed in very quickly...my only complaint is it is a bit loud at the shot...thinking about putting some hushpuks on the limbs and may be a Tenpoint silencing kit on it, I think the barrel silencers from that may work on this, we'll see. This ow is definitely going to see action in the woods!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just won x330 on ebay for a real good price $385 including shipping, I shot one last year but a good deal came along on a mission sniper lite. I couldn't pass this camx up for the price. I got it for backup, what kind of broadhead do ya'll think will work?.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hadn't heard much about camx, but an archery shop offered a deal on a new, old stock 330 for $810.

I did some searching and found a brand new, in the box 330 online for $449 shipped in real tree extra, with broadheads, sling and string/barrel lube.

This will be my first crossbow and may be retiring my compound, if I like like I think I will. What do you think of my deal? Seems most source are over 800 for new 330s.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Here is a link with several videos for those who may be interested.
https://a4.camxcrossbows.com

What caught my eye is the ARC 370 scope which would be an improvement over several that come out.

I shoot the Barnett Ghost 410's and Buck Commander BCXtreme 365 Ultra Lite with rifle scopes.
The ARC 370 scope used on the Camx 4 would be a huge improvement over the Cross scopes Barnett uses.

All the best.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.