Archery Talk Forum banner

Why hasn't someone invented this????

1686 13
A slider similar to a Saunders Hyperglide slider with an interesting twist.....rollers instead of two immovable teflon slots. I already know about the gizmo with rollers that attaches to the cable guard that simulates a roller guard, but apparently it has numerous drawbacks. Anyone know of such a slider?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
17,591 Posts
It takes a tiny fraction of a second for the rollers to catch up with the speed of the cables when shot. The rollers "skid" for that tiny fraction of time. After a number of shots (sometimes a lot and sometimes not so many) that "skid" creates a flat spot on the rollers which eventually render them useless.

· Registered
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Anyone try one of these Bernardini cable splitters? If so, on what bow and how do you like it??? Is there enough vane/fletch clearance? I'm shooting 2613 Easton X7's with 4" feathers. Thanks

· Registered
552 Posts
I ran into the owner of G5 the other day at an indoor 3D shoot and when he was showing off the new Quest cable slides, he educated me on the rollers. He said that under high speed video you'll notice that the rollers are almost useless and do not rotate hardly at all. The cables aparently dont even touch them when the bow is fired. I thought this was interesting as I had always looked at rollers as a pretty good slide. I guess not.

· Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
It takes a tiny fraction of a second for the rollers to catch up with the speed of the cables when shot. The rollers "skid" for that tiny fraction of time. After a number of shots (sometimes a lot and sometimes not so many) that "skid" creates a flat spot on the rollers which eventually render them useless.
I don't know if you're talking about the Bernardini or the Saunders slide but I roughly estimate that my Saunders HyperGlide has a minimum of 10,000 shots on it. It works perfectly and the roller looks the same now as the day I put it on the bow. No sign of wear and no effect on performance of the bow.

One bit of advice I will offer on the subject of cable slides is to rub the cable guard (rod) down with Armor-All (vinyl preservative) or some other non-oily lubricant when waxing the stringset to keep everything sliding smoothly and freely.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
I ran into the owner of G5 the other day at an indoor 3D shoot and when he was showing off the new Quest cable slides, he educated me on the rollers. He said that under high speed video you'll notice that the rollers are almost useless and do not rotate hardly at all. The cables aparently dont even touch them when the bow is fired. I thought this was interesting as I had always looked at rollers as a pretty good slide. I guess not.

Why is that a problem?? Less contact, less friction, lower loss of energy, higher efficiency.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.