Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who goes hunting on public land with out taking there own stand or blind?If so why?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I pack it in....pack it out. Leave no trace but scent.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I often times go in with no stand or blind, but I dont hunt someone else's either.... I like hunting out of dead falls, ravines, over hills, creek bottoms, etc...

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I would if I knew where there was a good stand set up. Yes I'd hunt somebody elses stand on PUBLIC land without question. Anybody that leaves it up has to assume that risk.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would if I knew where there was a good stand set up. Yes I'd hunt somebody elses stand on PUBLIC land without question. Anybody that leaves it up has to assume that risk.
but its not your stand even if its on public land.Would you mind if I took your truck for a ride if I found it on public land?Antbody that park there truck on public land has to assume the risk right.:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
but its not your stand even if its on public land.Would you mind if I took your truck for a ride if I found it on public land?Antbody that park there truck on public land has to assume the risk right.:confused::confused::confused:
Somebody's looking for an arguement:behindsof

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I wonder how you would feel if you were in someones lock on & they came along & removed the ladder? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
780 Posts
why hunt out of somebody elses stand when you brought yours.

cuz you put your stand in a really good lookin spot......lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
why hunt out of somebody elses stand when you brought yours.

cuz you put your stand in a really good lookin spot......lol
:darkbeer: i would never leave my stand on public land. around here, that is basically fair game. not saying i would ever take a stand i found, but i wouldnt think anyone would leave it there either. as far as someone saying let me take your truck for a drive its on public land....lol, yeah you can hunt my 300 dollar stand....go ahead an touch my 30000 dollar truck....dare ya....:confused:

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I go hunting on public land without a stand/blind...because I spot and stalk. :becky:

:izza:

Who goes hunting on public land with out taking there own stand or blind?If so why?

·
Registered
759 Posts
have some respect if its no yours stay out public ,private ,whatever I cant stand when they say (do you own the woods its on public property )I hope i see his truck because im taking it, its on a public road. find your own spot LAZY A##

·
Registered
780 Posts
have some respect if its no yours stay out public ,private ,whatever I cant stand when they say (do you own the woods its on public property )I hope i see his truck because im taking it, its on a public road. find your own spot LAZY A##
What if I theoretically put a stand in every suitable tree in a patch of woods that you know is being frequented by a mega buck.....still not hunting there?

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
What if I theoretically put a stand in every suitable tree in a patch of woods that you know is being frequented by a mega buck.....still not hunting there?
In pa if you leave a stand in the public woods without your name and number on it than anyone can use it and its first come first served on public ground. So if you leave it there u better get there early. I wouldn't do it but its not illegal to do just "frowned upon"

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I would never use someone's stand. Why leave it there? That is like claiming the spot. I wouldn't want to alert others to what I think is a good location.

You do something that is illegal in most states and then complain. You deserve what you get. I never use or take a stand. I will smoke a cigarette and bury the butt at the bottom of the tree before I move on. It is public land. SRM

·
Registered
441 Posts
In pa if you leave a stand in the public woods without your name and number on it than anyone can use it and its first come first served on public ground. So if you leave it there u better get there early. I wouldn't do it but its not illegal to do just "frowned upon"
In NY, you cannot leave a stand on public land. Nor can you cut any limbs to mount a stand, big no-no. But i have seen stands on public land, and im assuming no name, and you get caught in the stand, its your butt, not the person who put it there :eek:

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
I always get a kick outta this completely childish lazy greedy attitude

You wanna sit in someone else's stand....go ahead. It's a risk they took according to you.

The risk you take is them finding you in it....shooting you out of it....and takin a dump on your corpse.

Piss someone off and they might just set you up with a fall away stand and drop you on your head from 20'. I wouldn't blame them.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Senerio; 1000 acres public land I have scouted & hung 10 stands all have my info welded on them. they are on every suitable tree , funnel , fence row, & food plot. Now you come trotting in here a day or two before season claiming you been working & couldnt get out before now & want to hunt a area Ive got staked out & set up on. There are no other suitable trees to hunt in other than where my stands are. What you gonna do ?

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:darkbeer: i would never leave my stand on public land. around here, that is basically fair game. not saying i would ever take a stand i found, but i wouldnt think anyone would leave it there either. as far as someone saying let me take your truck for a drive its on public land....lol, yeah you can hunt my 300 dollar stand....go ahead an touch my 30000 dollar truck....dare ya....:confused:
The amout of money you have invested in the item is what make it right or wrong?I dont think so.:confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
The amout of money you have invested in the item is what make it right or wrong?I dont think so.:confused:
I didnt mean the price. Its two different things. Your vehicle is your vehicle. It is allowed to be parked on public land, nobody is saying thats wrong. But when you go into a HUNTING area, and leave your stand there, you are really opening yourself up to theft, or in this case someone else hunting it. You left it there for the "PUBLIC" to see, and obviously didnt care if someone used it because you left it there. If you cant figure out the difference of a treestand on public land, and parking your truck there, then something is very wrong with that situation. I guess when i park my truck at a public parking area, at a public hunting area, ill leave the keys so everyone can use it....lol get real:zip:

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Senerio; 1000 acres public land I have scouted & hung 10 stands all have my info welded on them. they are on every suitable tree , funnel , fence row, & food plot. Now you come trotting in here a day or two before season claiming you been working & couldnt get out before now & want to hunt a area Ive got staked out & set up on. There are no other suitable trees to hunt in other than where my stands are. What you gonna do ?
Could not even imagen that ever hapening.There is always another tree.I might hunt near one of your stands but I will be in mine.public land is public land but my stand is my stand.If you could afford that many stands you would be on a lease somewhere.I allways try to get as far away from other hunter as I can.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts