Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunted out of my new Summit for the first time tonight. VERY IMPRESIVE!!! My Clearshot is ROCK SOLID! That thing didn't move a bit! How refreshing!!!

The only negative......... I have to say this harness has to go!! What a piece of crap!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Clearshot?

MoNofletch said:
I hunted out of my new Summit for the first time tonight. VERY IMPRESIVE!!! My Clearshot is ROCK SOLID! That thing didn't move a bit! How refreshing!!!

The only negative......... I have to say this harness has to go!! What a piece of crap!
Do you mean the open shot? :confused: Just wondering cause I was considering buying one, and getting rid of my API.:mg:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I agree! I have the python (I think) and it is rock solid. My other climbers see very little time in the woods. I have to admit that heights are not completely comfortable to me and the summit stand comforts me greatly when I am twenty feet up!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought the bushmaster 2 years ago and its more comfortable than any of my fixed or ladder stands!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bought the Cobra XLS a couple moths ago. Havent hunted with it yet but am really excited to give it a try. Been really comfortable so far in practice.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
bbarnett51 said:
I agree! I have the python (I think) and it is rock solid. My other climbers see very little time in the woods. I have to admit that heights are not completely comfortable to me and the summit stand comforts me greatly when I am twenty feet up!

exactly what he said except insert the Viper for the Python.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes Clear Shot! Mine is all fixed..no moving parts like an Open Shot. I think it is a "Big Boy" stand from last year. Heck for $130 it was this years
'BEST BUY' for me!!!!!:wink:

Here is a pic of my seat...it has a regular platform and a big cushion seat!!

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I have a bushmaster for the last several years and love the thing. I did buy a clear shot as well but I dont like the way it packs together compared to my bushmaster but it is a very comfortable stand!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I love my summit! I have had it for several years and I can't remeber what model it is, but it is my favorite stand. The arm rests really make a guy feel safe when he nods off in that stand.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Summit rules :)

Yeah, summits are really nice. Glad you like it!

I used the summit harnes for several years but recently got a loggy transformer. If you dont like the new "vest" style harness systems the Transformer rocks. Super easy on off and functional. I am really impressed with it.

Enjoy that Summit!

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just looked at my harness.....2005 recall harness...now I have to wait 3 weeks for a replacement! Yippy!:cry: :mad:

·
Registered
125 Posts
MoNofletch said:
Just looked at my harness.....2005 recall harness...now I have to wait 3 weeks for a replacement! Yippy!:cry: :mad:
I got mine back in less than a week. I was sweating it also, but they sent it FEDEX.

I have the Goliath and absolutely love it, although filing the flight plan for "low earth orbit" is a hassle. I try to get as far up the tree as possible.:wink: :wink:

·
Shade Tree Bow Technician
1,606 Posts
Harness

MoNofletch said:

Don't know what harness you have but my Viper X4 came with an awesome safety harness. Go the Bowsite.com and check out there review on harnesses and see how the others panned out in the test they did! I admit it takes a few seconds to put it on, but that thing will definately save your butt! JMTC

Dave

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have had several Summits and currently own a Bullet Backpacker. All I can say is that with my new Equalizer, the Summits will very rarely see any use. I kid you not, the Equalizer is by far the easiest stand to put up and the leveling system works wonders (no more guessing regarding the taper of the tree). Once you try an Equalizer, a Summit feels like ancient technology. There is a reason Equalizers are completely sold out right now (yes, I am buying a second one) they are a joy to put up and hunt out of.

·
Registered
470 Posts
teambringit1 said:
exactly what he said except insert the Viper for the Python.

Exactly what he said except insert RAZOR SS for the Viper!:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts