Archery Talk Forum banner

why i hate rages. ( warning kind of nasty)

4028 41
because they leave such a huge hole and they get to much blood everywhere it makes a mess :D a buddy of mine shot a doe yesterday right in the chest with a 2 blade ( i would never take this shot) and all i can say is WOW. he shot her at 8 yds.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,847 Posts
good lord thats a good problem to have

· Registered
1,168 Posts
I shot a doe this weekend that had a 2 blade Rage in her neck. It was healed over and must have been from last year. Apparently she didn't read the ads :chimpeep:

· Registered
366 Posts
so you made a bad frontal shot, grazed a deer and unzipped the skin, got lucky and hit an artery, and show off your huge hole? hmmm. ok dude.

Look at the second picture, the shooter did get an entrance and an exit hole. More than just "unzipped the skin and hit an artery".

· Registered
2,241 Posts
so you made a bad frontal shot, grazed a deer and unzipped the skin, got lucky and hit an artery, and show off your huge hole? hmmm. ok dude.
X2... Well said. Any broadhead could do that

· Registered
6,628 Posts
The broadhead slid down her hide for 4-5" before actually entering her & then it exited 4" further down the body. I've seen Muzzy & other fixed blade heads do the same exact thing so to me, the hole isn't really that impressive from a "look what a Rage can do" standpoint.

Regardless, congrats to your buddy on the deer

· Registered
544 Posts
I was thinking the same thing (hunters bashing each other:thumbs_do) If the word Rage or any other word ( item bothers you that much then don't look or read the thread!) If there wasn't a hunter out there that hasn't mad a bad shot, then more power to ya! So lets all get along or I'll take your bow away for a week:focus:

· Registered
126 Posts
Well if you would read his post, instead of looking at the pics and bashing him, he CLEARLY states, his buddy shot it and he would never take that shot...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.