Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post a pic of the great White Blesbuck I took today from 38yards with my Maxxis 31 and Gold Tip Big Game's tipped with Muzzy 130gr 4-blade broadheads. On the trophy pic you can just make out the exit on the point of the shoulder, which was broken. The entrance wound on the quartering away ram was however very severe to say the least, proving once again why it pays to shoot shaving sharp broadheads.

Here is one for Muzzy! :darkbeer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Nice shootin` :thumbs_up
Must have let out quite a trail.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horror movie stuff I tell you...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I love muzzys. They are great. Huge blood trails every time.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
you sure you werent throwing an ax?!? :becky:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
How far did he make it? it couldnt have been far..

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ram took off like a bat out of hell but went down in sight after a spirited 60 odd yards... Blood splurted out of the wound as he ran off, unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The ram took off like a bat out of hell but went down in sight after a spirited 60 odd yards... Blood splurted out of the wound as he ran off, unbelievable.
thats a tough animal to even make it 60 yds with a broken shoulder and his side basically cut in half.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats a tough animal to even make it 60 yds with a broken shoulder and his side basically cut in half.
They breed them tough over here... :teeth:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
NIce hole, thats what happens when you shoot animals at a sharp angle. Congrats on your trophy

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
that little broadhead did that?

·
Registered
175 Posts
congrats

fine looking beast. How do they cook up ? If you don't mind me asking, were you hunting near home, or whereabouts in SA ? I thin I found you on a map, near the Swaziland border.

·
Anti Fanboy
41,541 Posts
Wow! Opened him right up. I have many different BHs but Muzzy are still my fav.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Awesome ram man! I have killed a truckload of whitetails with muzzys but is has been a few years since I have used them full time. I was wondering if you had compared the muzzy to the slick trick? If so, how do they stack up to you Engee?

·
Registered
5,489 Posts

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks a lot guys,

Liberty, yes Pongola is right next to the Swaziland border, I hunted the ram near a town called Ermelo, about two hours north west from here.

Jkm, I have always found myself to go back to Muzzy's over the years as they have always been very dependable and penetrate very well. I prefer a four blader as the more tissue cut, the quicker the animal goes down. I have shot quite a few animals in the past using Slick Tricks and they are a great head, they did however not penetrate as well as other broadheads with a lower blade angle. I am fortunate to shoot for Muzzy as they have been my "go to" broadhead for many, many years. Can't see any reason to use anything else, ever.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Nice job. I been shooting 130gr Muzzy since 1990 and I can't find one reason to change.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts