Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a hunting story. LOL

It was a long hunt. I didnt see much, except a doe or two in the field 145 yards to my right... Excited when the sun finally set I walked over to my trail camera about 100 yards away to see some real nice big tracks in front of it. Was very excited to see what this was!
When I got to my car I took my brand new Scent Blocker coat off and placed in on top (no I don't have a truck yet, i'm a poor college student). I packed up the rest of my gear and drove off... leaving my coat on the hood.
It was painful to realize what I had done, and the drive back to my spot to look for the jacket yielding nothing. Lesson to learn right? WRONG.
Two weeks later I would do it all over again, only this time with my bow. A Bear I had bought only 4 months before season.
This time I heard the bow roll off the trunk and onto the pavement. At 55mph I knew it didn't stand a chance (pics attached).
I work hard, but with tuition and rent there's no way I was going to be able to justify money for a new bow. So I made a hail Mary call for Bear support. I told him "Man, I drove down town with my bow on the hood of my car... it was all my fault. It's pretty beat up". His reply?
"Dang man, that sucks! - we will get you everything you need to get back in the stand!" - I couldn't believe what the Bear rep just told me...
Two new limbs, a new cam, and 2 weeks later here I am with a like new bow. Sure my sight needs replaced, but the bow is back like new.
All for $25.
That's why I shoot a Bear.

Games Metal Games Auto part Cable Metal Spoke Wire Metal Sword Sabre Metal

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thank you for making up my mind to purchase an Anarchy this spring :)

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Bear is the bomb when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
now that is what im talking about. That is great customer service right there. I got into a heated debate about bowtechs customer service on another thread and some members belittled me and tried to make me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about. You got in touch with an actual rep from bear archery and they took care of you and you didn't need to go to a dealer and have the dealer get in touch with bear. That is real customer service right there man. Bear is back on the rise. They have some great bows now. Congrats on getting it all straightened out, Im happy for you.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now that is what im talking about. That is great customer service right there. I got into a heated debate about bowtechs customer service on another thread and some members belittled me and tried to make me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about. You got in touch with an actual rep from bear archery and they took care of you and you didn't need to go to a dealer and have the dealer get in touch with bear. That is real customer service right there man. Bear is back on the rise. They have some great bows now. Congrats on getting it all straightened out, Im happy for you.
Thanks! and thats funny, i had a bowtech guy try to shred me as well...

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Can't beat that!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I've had similar experiences with Martin. You can call their line and a human does answer and they have been real helpful. I'm glad there are other manufacturers out there willing to deal directly with their consumers and treat them with respect. I'm all for trying to supporting the dealers by suggesting them first but making a person drive an hour to get service is just plain stupid. I expect most archers would love to work with their local shop but don't force us too!

Great job Bear!

·
Registered
443 Posts
If it were me I think I'd change where I put my stuff...i.e. I'd use the back seat!...Stay away from the trunk, the hood or the roof!...You're not safe there!...Other than that you were treated well by Bear...Never a problem with them...

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
Good to hear they took good care of you. When Escalade sports first took over Bear Archery, about all you heard were horror stories on customer service. Apparently they found that making the customer happy was indeed important.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
bump for great customer service. People need to read about this. I am so enthusiastic about how bear took care of you.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
You need to purchase a VW beetle as your hunting car.
No horizontal surfaces to lay stuff on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great story about a great company. To many times you hear of companys getting the sale and then nothing for their custumors. I have always like Bear and have had great conversations with custumor service. And when you call, a real person says hello in plain english. Awesome in todays world.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm glad to hear a story like this as I just purchased my first Bear compound bow this week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts