Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a pack of 3" Fusion vanes from Norway Industries (Maker of Fusion, Predator, Raptor, and Duravane Fletching). Went to fletch them up and the vane base immediately began to ripple up as if it was having a heat gun blown on it. This was my 4th or 5th dozen arrows to fletch with Fusions and I had NEVER had this happen.

Contacted Norway Industries via email and explained the situation. Was written back by one of the partial owners (daughter of the company founder) in a little over 4 hours. She apologized for my situation and said that I am the third customer to notify them of this issue. On top of that, they have been trying to 'duplicate this result' in the plant to try and figure out why it happened and how to fix it. She said that a new replacement pack would be in the mail the next day.

Also, while trying to find their email address on their website, I discovered that they are still a mom and pop, family run company based out of Oregon who manufactures all their products here in the good 'ol USA.

I'd like to also point out that my personal experience with Fusions has been amazing. I've used a number of different brands of fletching - including the best selling Blazers - and none have grouped field tips or broadheads as well as Fusions. They're also a breeze to fletch, even with offset and helical. And they can take a real beating and still hold their factory form.

And that's why I think you should all give Fusions a shot!

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
I have just recently started shooting them because they are a little less profile than my Blazers and I need that little bit for vane clearance. I was really surprised to how well they flew with both field tips and broadheads. I'm shooting the 2.1 Zeons with Slick Tricks and I'm very happy with them.

·
<-----{{ }}----->
679 Posts
Had one fusion base ripple up as well when I used the blue top Gorilla SG because I was out of Loctite gel, Bought more Locktite, problem solved.

What type of glue did you use?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I also have a new pack of 3" fusions in the mail for me due to the same problem. I ordered a pack of red ones and a pack of lime green. The lime green are the only ones having issues. I couldn't find their email address to contact them so I contacted Lancaster Archery where I purchased them. My replacements shipped out the following day with no issues. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had one fusion base ripple up as well when I used the blue top Gorilla SG because I was out of Loctite gel, Bought more Locktite, problem solved.

What type of glue did you use?
I was using Easton Quick Bond. I had also used that same glue on that same vane only 4 weeks before. Crazy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts