Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Wal-Mart today and was browsing through the deer scents and seen Code Red. I've used Code Blue before but it's pretty expensive and I noticed that Code Red was much cheaper. So I bought a bottle that come with the drag and got home and got to wondering just exactly why it is so much cheaper since you get twice as much and a drag comes with it. Anyone know why this is and have you ever had any success using it?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It is either synthetic or taken from multiple deer, i cant remember which.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone ever had any luck with it? I really like the code blue and i think i might go back to that.

·
Blendin the Bush
1,394 Posts
Code red is el cheapo lamo. Stay Away

·
No guns, Just guts.
4,007 Posts
code red is a synthetic urine while code blue is the real deal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
A few years back, I arrowed a 120 8 pt that followed a code red drag line straight to me. Cheap stuff worked that day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few years back, I arrowed a 120 8 pt that followed a code red drag line straight to me. Cheap stuff worked that day.
Nice. Since I've already bought it I'll put it in a scent dripper and see how it goes. Just as long as it works it doesn't matter to me. Some guys say that using Tinks is a waste of money but I shot a 10 pointer that came running to my drag line and I shot it with it's nose in the on the trail.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Pretty sure the blue is pure estrous from one doe and the red is a mixture of collections from multiple does with some additives.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I you think code blue is expensive try this $49.99 a bottle
There's no way on earth i'm spending 50 bucks for a bottle of deer urine lol! I feel bad enough spending 12

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
they will both work equally as well I would buy the cheaper one keep in mind IMO they will both work equally as well and that is not at all.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
When I use scent I use that stuff that Tiffany Lakosky dabs behind her ear...Whitetail Research Golden Estrous...She's pregnant, so evidently it works....:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts