Archery Talk Forum banner

why is it louder?

444 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  trob_205
my guardian for some reason seems to be louder than normal...i shot next too another guardian the other day and it was significantly quieter than mine...but mine used to sound like that...can a bow being out of time make it louder? could stretched out strings/cables make it louder? I checked what is mentioned here on post #15 http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=831948 and the top can fit two quarters VERY tightly and the bottom just barley cant fit in two quarters...

im shooting the TR drop zone and i believe it is the hunter model...if you pull back on the cord and just let go it makes a metal on metal slap sound...but if i pull on the cord and let it down as fast as possible w/o letting go it makes hardly any sound...i would just try a different rest but i dont have an extra one...

I have shot it with my sight off and though it takes the SLIGHT vibration that is left out of the bow but its not any quieter...

Can anything be done or is it just the way it is...heres the most recent pic...the only difference is that it has a vibracheck backstop on it instead of the string tamer (tried the string tamer again just to see what would happen and it didnt help at all) and string leeches instead of whiskers (i know that isnt it either)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,592 Posts
my guardian for some reason seems to be louder than normal...i shot next too another guardian the other day and it was significantly quieter than mine...but mine used to sound like that...can a bow being out of time make it louder? could stretched out strings/cables make it louder? I checked what is mentioned here on post #15 http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=831948 and the top can fit two quarters VERY tightly and the bottom just barley cant fit in two quarters...

im shooting the TR drop zone and i believe it is the hunter model...if you pull back on the cord and just let go it makes a metal on metal slap sound...but if i pull on the cord and let it down as fast as possible w/o letting go it makes hardly any sound...i would just try a different rest but i dont have an extra one...

I have shot it with my sight off and though it takes the SLIGHT vibration that is left out of the bow but its not any quieter...

Can anything be done or is it just the way it is...heres the most recent pic...the only difference is that it has a vibracheck backstop on it instead of the string tamer (tried the string tamer again just to see what would happen and it didnt help at all) and string leeches instead of whiskers (i know that isnt it either)
Maybe shes about to blow!

· Registered
537 Posts
depends on the sound. if you have checked all the hardware and made sure everything is tight then your string may have stretched. I had a Switchback that did the same thing. put a couple tiwts on the string and cables and it quieted right up.

· Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
depends on the sound. if you have checked all the hardware and made sure everything is tight then your string may have stretched. I had a Switchback that did the same thing. put a couple tiwts on the string and cables and it quieted right up.
thats the thing, that thread that copied in my orignal post says one quarter on each and if its not one quarter that adding twist will fix it if the gap is bigger...
its not an abnormal sound...it just sounds like any other bow now...not whisper quiet like it should/used to be...

· Registered
1,214 Posts
ya you can back out you limbs i think twenty one turns till you can see the end of your screw in the pilot hole,then you can get to work on your bow, lookink at your cams they dont look that far out , mine have been that far out and there still was no noise...let me know im curious...

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Out of time/sync cams will make a bow considerably louder. Happens all the time. But the Blowies have been saying since the end of '04 that binary cames ALWAYS stay in time. :D Of course, we tech savvy archers all know that isn't possible, right? They all go out. String materials creep eventually. And since you have about 3# of silencing materials/doodads on there......;)

· Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here in a couple of hours im going to finally get a chance to look at it...all the doctors appts. have been a pain and now i wont be able to shoot for a couple of weeks because i have to have surgery to take out my gull blater this friday so i need to get going...after i look at it ill post up with results/questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.