Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mathews has the largest youth tournaments ever? NASP No one in the history of archery has ever accomplished this.

Mathews has there own forum with large numbers of members? Others tried and failed!

Mathews has it own trade show for its bows and doesn't attend the ATA? Amazing!

Regardless how you feel about Mathews they seem to continue year after year to gain success.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
They do a great job of research and development, marketing, and understand that the youth are the future of the sport so they go out and aggressively promote and sponsor youth events.

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way Dan how you feeling as of late.
Doing decent but diffiantly got some health issues to deal with in 2014. Not able to shoot my bow yet! SUCKS!
DB

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
Matt's faith in Jesus Christ.
I think it is great Matt is a Christian. I personally wish he would make a 35" ATA bow for us long draw shooters. I'm talking about a hunting bow.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Mathews isn't a bad company...they have a great marketing plan.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Dan Schroeder (if I remember correctly) kind of ruined the chance the shop I used to work for had to gain a dealership with them in 1996. He was uber-protective of the dealers protected area as it was 50 miles back then and the shop I worked for was 44 miles away from Addingtons. I really begged and tried to argue but they would not come off of it, it was honestly a whole different customer base and I tried to explain it to them. That was before they really hit there stride. Now they have 4 dealerships in the same area that used to be protected and they all get business. It sort of stung realizing what could have been, the shop eventually got out of archery sales.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
They founded a company on a completely different approach to compound archery. They marketed there single cam innovation to the hilt and built a huge following by putting the market share into the hands of protected area bow shops, big or small. I enjoyed the few that I owned and shot them well. Just wish there policy of protecting the loyal small shops hadn't changed to survival of the fittest.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
They founded a company on a completely different approach to compound archery. They marketed there single cam innovation to the hilt and built a huge following by putting the market share into the hands of protected area bow shops, big or small. I enjoyed the few that I owned and shot them well. Just wish there policy of protecting the loyal small shops hadn't changed to survival of the fittest.
As a manufacturer Rep. In another business, I can tell you it's the only way to continue to grow sales in a shrinking overall business or industry. You have to empower as much good distribution as possible. High tide raises all boats as they say.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Because Matt made a deal with the Devil and disguises it with his faith.

Its all about the $ to them.....and that ain't too christian in my book.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Because Matt made a deal with the Devil and disguises it with his faith.

Its all about the $ to them.....and that ain't too christian in my book.
There is nothing wrong with making money, lots of it, as long as it isn't the end goal. And as far Mathews having a "great marketing plan" well, you can have the greatest marketing known to mankind but if your products and customer care don't live up to the promise, you are doomed. Mathews is a pleasure to deal with, makes consistently great products, and has exceptional core values. What's wrong wih that?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It used to be Bear Archery was the leader of the youth getting into archery. But with the Genesis bow "which is a engineering feat in itself", Mathews is doing more for the sport than most people realize.
Forget about the silly bickering over who's bow is best, and think about the actual impact Mathews is having in our sport with the youth programs.

I don't shoot Mathews, and kind of dislike their advertising methods. But I have to respect that they are involved more than any other bow manufacturer in promoting this sport to our youth.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
It used to be Bear Archery was the leader of the youth getting into archery. But with the Genesis bow "which is a engineering feat in itself", Mathews is doing more for the sport than most people realize.
Forget about the silly bickering over who's bow is best, and think about the actual impact Mathews is having in our sport with the youth programs.

I don't shoot Mathews, and kind of dislike their advertising methods. But I have to respect that they are involved more than any other bow manufacturer in promoting this sport to our youth.
^^^ I totally agree! the promotion/involvement of the kids is the future of this sport...

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 103 Posts