Archery Talk Forum banner

why is scent lok being sued??

2908 Views 57 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  mcluvin
just read it on another thread but it doesnt say why.

just curious.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
cause it doesn't work like they say it does.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
cause it doesn't work like they say it does.
carbon clothes don't work , not the ones they sell the consumers anyways...so it's false advertisement!

they work for only the first few times you use them but then the carbon needs to be reactivated at near 800 degrees and that would simply disengrate the clothes!

· Registered
10,560 Posts
Its a gimmick you can not recharge the carbon in a dryer because a dryer can not get hot enough to do that . All you are doing is airing your camo out and you can put your camo out on the cloths line and do the same thing.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did some random guy sue them or what?

how did they prove it didnt work?

its weird that people would sue for this. there cloth are still pretty nice.

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
did some random guy sue them or what?

how did they prove it didnt work?

its weird that people would sue for this. there cloth are still pretty nice.
from what I understand it's a hunter based class-action suit
they tested with a dog...and not a bloodhound.

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Lot's a people been HOOD winked by the makers of these clothes. Remember the cost of this stuff before it was so prevalent?

I saw the vid of the scentlok covered guy that was found by the dog handler with no problem....and they say a deer's nose is far better!

False advertising....go get'em!

· Registered
633 Posts
Nothing is ever going to beat hunting the wind, if you hunt heavy pressured lands.

TV is a huge misconception as where these people use these clothes are in low pressure hunting reserves or ranches where human scent does no bother the deer as much. And in some cases just dumb luck they dont get busted sooner if at all

12,320 Posts
Stuff doesn't work like they say. Although there are TONS of gimmicky gear out there for hunters so it would be kind of hard to sue one of the manufacturers and not all of them.

Honestly I have lots of the stuff but not because I think it works, IT DOESN't, but because the clothes are the nicest I think. I buy it at the end of the year when it is cheap and the quality on a lot of it is top notch.

· Registered
879 Posts
Fact

I have it and wear it everytime I go out.

BBBBUUUUTTTTT here is the kicker

I did NOT buy it because of its "SCENT TECHNOLOGY"

It is comfortable, thin, wind resistant and water resistant.

It is not any different than spending crap load on new camo coat that makes you look like the marshmellow man when this stuff works in the cold and cuts the wind.

Yes, I believe I have more deer get closer to me, but dont think its just because it has SCENT-LOK embroidered on the fabric, I wash it with scented earth scent, and keep it in the scent lok bag.......yes this is a plus period, dont matter what you wear.

It absorbs order same as anything else that is fabric like that. If you stink dont worry about seeing anything anyway.

I wore a DRAKE waterfowl jacket (thin pullover kind) for awhile.

I have even been standing on the ground wearing my Drake jacket (above) and Blue jeans and my LaCrosse Rubber boots and have had does walk within 20 feet of me. Had a 6 point walk within about 30 yards of me and feed.

o well. it works to an extent, somebody just mad.

come see my trophy wall and i can teach you some things then you will know what works and what doesn't.

· Registered
411 Posts
I have it and wear it everytime I go out.

BBBBUUUUTTTTT here is the kicker

I did NOT buy it because of its "SCENT TECHNOLOGY"

It is comfortable, thin, wind resistant and water resistant.

It is not any different than spending crap load on new camo coat that makes you look like the marshmellow man when this stuff works in the cold and cuts the wind.

Yes, I believe I have more deer get closer to me, but dont think its just because it has SCENT-LOK embroidered on the fabric, I wash it with scented earth scent, and keep it in the scent lok bag.......yes this is a plus period, dont matter what you wear.

It absorbs order same as anything else that is fabric like that. If you stink dont worry about seeing anything anyway.

I wore a DRAKE waterfowl jacket for awhile.

I have even been standing on the ground wearing Drake and Blue jeans and my LaCrosse Rubber boots and have had does walk within 20 feet of me. Had a 6 point walk within about 30 yards of me and feed.

o well. it works to an extent, somebody just mad.

come see my trophy wall and i can teach you some things then you will know what works and what doesn't.
Exactly why I still buy it, I just buy it used. Occasionally pick up a new set, especially for turkey hunting, but usually buy it used.

· Registered
879 Posts
i watched this deer for three days but would never come in

and wife went with gun and NO scent lok LOL

22" inside - 8 point - 205 pounds - 177 yards

This buck had been shot with a bow previous (high mid back and come out between front shoulders at bottom) and 18 days later was chasing does when he stepped out and she dropped him in his tracks. Who knows what the guy was shooting.........Mathews but not sure on broadhead.

Attachments

· Registered
411 Posts
i watched this deer for three days but would never come in

and wife went with gun and NO scent lok LOL
I don't wear scent lok for gun hunting. I hang my orange out for a week and that's it. Gun hunting and bow hunting are two totally different things when it comes to scent. I barely even worry about scent when I go gun hunting.

· Registered
879 Posts
Anyway, sorry to hi-jack your thread a little bit there. Having a little fun with that.

I think SCENT-LOK does work to an extent if used and prepared correctly.

You cant buy it, throw in the living room floor, and just grab it up and go hunting and expect it to kill a trophy.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.